This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This week we sat down with one of our very own Campus Correspondents! Vanessa is a junior majoring in Economics and Communications and she has been a part of Her Campus since her freshman year. Read more to learn about our CC!

Name: Vanessa S.  Class Year: 2018 Favorite Spot on Campus: The Chocolate Bar

What do you do as a CC?  As a CC, I am responsible for organizing and scheduling content. We love to have fun articles on HCBC, but we also want to have more articles that cover campus life and the world. I am also responsible for arranging bonding events for the team and an editor.

Are you a part of any other student organizations on campus? I serve as the Mentorship Director for AHANA Management Academy. I partner with the Career Center to host workshops for freshmen to enter the competitive corporate world.

What do you do outside of school? Outside of school, I intern for a NYC-based fashion brand. I write a lot of their online content for them and when I am back home in NYC, I spend some time in the NYC showroom! Also, I play piano and guitar when I am bored in my room. 

What do you love about being a CC? There are so many things I love about being a CC for Her Campus! First, is working with a team of girls who are hardworking and willing to put in effort when it is needed. Second, is the amazing opportunities it has opened up for me such as events, internship opportunities, and more! I also love being able to say I am a CC for Her Campus! 

What has been your favorite moment at BC? My favorite moment at BC didn’t really happen while I was on campus but it was during Winter Break of my sophomore year. I went on Leadershape and it was amazing. I even got my roommate to go this year! You can read more about my experience here!

Advice for Freshman? Be your most authentic self. At BC, people put on so many acts and I think campus would be so much better without an of the artificiality and being your best self. It is ok to not be best friends with the people in your hallway. Branch out and make friends who have similar interests/passions. Also, don’t waste your freshmen year. Take advantage of any opportunity that interests you. Don’t wait till your senior year to realize how many resources and opportunities you missed out on before you start to take advantage. P.S. study.  

Molly is a senior at Boston College studying Communication and Political Science. She is currently a Campus Corespondent for Her Campus BC and is looking forward to writing articles! She loves to travel, hangout with her friends, and go on adventures. Her mantra is "If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be" - Maya Angelou.