clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Senior Cutie, Meagan McCarthy!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Meet Campus Cutie, Meagan McCarthy! She may be one of the sweetest seniors you will meet here on BC’s campus! This bilingual blonde bombshell majors in both English and French. She is a Marion, Massachussetts native who is a super-involved student, a well-travelled young adult, a reliable friend and most importantly a lover of Her Campus BC. From Newton to Lower, Meg has made herself such a lovable girl, so you definitely want to know more about her!

BC Life

Activities/Clubs: SAP Tour Guide, tutor for the Boston Scholar Athlete program, 48Hours Leader, Editor-in-Chief of The Rock at BC, and I work in the Academic Advising Center and the Office for Institutional Research, Planning, and Assessment.

Best class: Creative Nonfiction with Tom Kaplan-Maxfield. TKM is my advisor and one of the best professors I’ve had at BC – the class is great for everyone, not just English majors!

Worst class: Rivers and the Environment…the professor was really nice, but that was my lowest grade at BC and I just couldn’t find the material interesting.

Bapst or O’Neill: Bapst, but I go to O’Neill more often.

Favorite place to eat: Eagle’s Nest!

Now let’s really get to know Meagan…

Personal motto: “Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything.” – Fr. Pedro Arrupe, SJ (what a good Jesuit girl!)

Favorite family vacation: Last fall, I studied abroad in Aix-en-Provence in the south of France. My family met me in Paris for Christmas and even though they were sick and jetlagged, it was the best week ever. I was beyond excited to see them and it was so fun showing them around the city and speaking French for them!

One thing most excited about for senior year: It’s going by so quickly, but I’m mostly excited to spend as much time as possible with my friends! I can’t think of any big events coming up, but the little things make me happy.

Recent achievements: As a 48Hours leader, I gave a talk to over 100 freshmen which was a pretty big deal for me.  I ran the Boston Marathon last year – I think that was the biggest achievement of my life.  I can’t wait to cross the finish line this year.

Favorite movie: Anything that has been readapted from a Nicholas Sparks book, Remember the Titans, and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

Favorite TV show:  The OC and Friday Night Lights will never get old. Right now, I’m hooked on New Girl and Criminal Minds.

Celeb Crush: I’m actually in love with Hunter Hayes.

Celeb Role Model: I like so many celebs, but I’d have to say that Heidi Powell is my all-time role model – her husband, Chris, is the trainer on ABC’s Extreme Weight Loss and she’s so wonderful. She retweeted me on Twitter once…huge accomplishment.

Favorite BC sport: Hockey. It’s impossible not to get fired up watching the games. Genuinely great, talented guys and Jerry York is amazing.

Advice to freshmen (something you wish your freshman self knew):  Be patient and be authentic. Finding your place at BC takes time, but there are so many people here who want to support you. Four years go by quickly, so try to take it all in. Don’t be afraid to try new things and sign up for Kairos!

Dream job: I wish I knew! Right now I’d love to go into advertising or journalism. I think someday I’d love to end up working in Admissions here at BC or back at my high school.

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum