Meet the Girls in Gold: Dance Team Freshmen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This article is the fourth installment in an ongoing series about the Boston College Golden Eagles Dance Team (BCGEDT). Find the other articles here

For the girls in the Class of 2018, this is their first year donning the gold dress and white boots. As part of the Screaming Eagles Marching Band, they have three more years ahead of them to enjoy amazing and unique performance opportunities, and to showcase their talents on the entire football field during Halftime. For the next installment in “Meet the Girls in Gold,” get to know the Dance Team freshmen!

Left to right, back: Amanda Sackmaster, Elizabeth Kopec, Courtney Hoblock, Rachel Vishanoff, Claire Kramer

Left to right, front: Kaitlyn Patel, Leah Lombardi, Christina King, Ali Goforth

Ali Goforth

Favorite Band Moment: “My very first time dancing at one of the football games was probably my best experience so far, just because it was so new and exciting!  Not to mention, it was a night game and there were pyrotechnics and fireworks!”

Hometown: Hiram, ME

School/Major: Nursing

Activities/Clubs: BCGEDT, Jumpstart, SAP

Upper or Newton: Newton

Single/Taken: Single

Ideal date: Anything spontaneous and/or involving delicious food!

Celeb crush: Leonardo DiCaprio

Favorite spot on campus: Bapst

Amanda Sackmaster

Favorite Band Moment: “My favorite Band moment was performing ‘The Stars and Stripes Forever’ with the Boston Pops. It was so fun to be on stage with such a talented group of people and it was a great moment to be a part of. We danced in the aisles. Pops on the Heights was an amazing night!”

Hometown: Eagan, Minnesota

School/Major: Political Science and English

Activities/Clubs: BCGEDT, SAP 

Upper or Newton: Newton!

Single/Taken: Single

Deal breakers: When people are super late.

Biggest pet peeve: The Newton Bus

Favorite spot on campus: Leah Lombardi’s room on Newton

Christina “TT” King

Favorite Band Moment: “Getting to perform with the Boston Pops! They’re such a talented group and they were so friendly to all of us; it means a lot to have performed with such a huge part of the Boston community.”

Hometown: Ladera Ranch, CA

School/Major: Sociology/Faith, Peace, and Justice

Activities/Clubs: 4Boston volunteering at Franciscan Children’s Hospital

Best class: Challenge for Justice

Single/Taken: Single

Ideal date: Anything unique and relatively laid back

Biggest pet peeve: People who think “feminism” is synonymous with “man-hating.”

Fun fact: I’m halfway to having my motorcycle license!

Claire Kramer

Favorite Band Moment: “Appearing in the ‘Shake It Off’ video with the Band was so much fun and incredibly memorable; I’m a huge Taylor Swift fan. When I found out the video was student-produced for the C21 Center’s ‘Espresso Your Faith Week’ and seen by T-Swizzle herself, I was even happier to be a part of it.”

Hometown: Milford, CT 

School/Major: Applied Psychology

Activities/Clubs: Cura and The Laughing Medusa

Best class: Child Growth and Development

Deal breakers: Being a Patriots fan.

Ideal date: Going somewhere that involves food/dessert/puppies and no snapchatting.

Celeb crush: Zac Efron (really just Troy Bolton…)

Favorite spot on campus: Stokes Lawn

Courtney Hoblock

Favorite Band Moment: “Appearing in the ‘Shake It Off’ video!”

Hometown: Sarasota, FL

School/Major: Biochemistry

Best class: Spanish

Upper or Newton: Upper

Single/Taken: Single

Ideal date: Walking around downtown Boston.

Celeb crush: Matthew Gray Gubler

Favorite spot on campus: Gasson 101

Elizabeth Kopec

Favorite Band Moment: “It was so fun to perform ‘For Boston’ at Pops on the Heights this year!”

Hometown: Ridgewood, NJ

School/Major: Arts and Sciences

Activities/Clubs: Golden Eagles Dance Team, Symphonic Band

Upper or Newton: Newton

Single/Taken: Single

Ideal date: Dinner and a movie

Biggest pet peeve: When people bite their nails.

Favorite spot on campus: The Chocolate Bar

Kaitlyn Patel

Favorite Band Moment: “My favorite memory is performing ‘The Stars and Stripes Forever’ with the Boston Pops. It was just such an incredible event to be a part of and the energy of the performance was great, you could tell the audience was having a great time, so it was that much more fun to perform for them!”

Hometown: Glastonbury, CT

School/Major: Nursing

Worst class: Chemistry Lab

Upper or Newton: Newton!

Deal breakers: Smoking cigarettes—so gross!

Ideal date: A day at the beach

Biggest pet peeve: When people don’t hold the door for you.

Favorite spot on campus: The garden behind Stokes

Leah Lombardi

Favorite Band Moment: “My favorite Band moment was performing ‘The Stars and Stripes Forever’ with the Boston Pops. It was an honor to be onstage with such an iconic group.”

Hometown: North Kingstown, RI

School/Major: Arts and Sciences

Worst class: Calc I

Upper or Newton: Newton!!! Go Keyes 3!!!

Single/Taken: Single (an understatement) 

Deal breakers: Crocs

Biggest pet peeve: the Newton Bus

Celeb crush: Jim Halpert

Rachel Vishanoff

Hometown: Norman, OK

School/Major: Classics

Best class: Drama and Society in Ancient Greece

Upper or Newton: Newton!

Single/Taken: Single

Ideal date: Good conversation over dinner

Biggest pet peeve: Small talk

Favorite spot on campus: Bapst

Keep an eye out for the 2015 football schedule, sure to be announced soon. Don’t miss these opportunities to see the BCGEDT girls rock another great season on the field!

Meaghan Leahy is a 21-year-old native New Yorker and senior at Boston College, whose hips only sometimes lie. When she's not wishing she were as honest as Shakira, she can be found running, Band-ing, or public speaking; in addition to writing for HC BC, she is a member of the Screaming Eagles Marching Band, Word of Mouth, and loves a good lap (or two, or five) around the Res. Meg is passionate about running and fitness, is a trained lifeguard, and works at the campus gym Equipment Desk. A highlight of her Boston College career thus far was being a TA for Intro to Feminisms. She has interned at both Anthropologie and the Supreme Court in Brooklyn, New York, so even though she is pursuing a Communication and English double major with a Women's and Gender studies minor, she is still trying to map it all out. She really, really hopes to graduate with a real job and everything. Please hire her, despite her severe Diet Coke addiction. Her redeeming skills and qualifications can be found on her LinkedIn account.
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.