Meet Cutie Tyler Smith!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Meet graduating Cutie, Tyler Smith! Whether he is killin’ it in CSOM or having a special moment with his Indian plate from Mac, this senior has loved his time at BC. Make sure to check out his amazing advice about where to go on a first date.

The Basics:

Name: Tyler Smith

Hometown: Canton, Connecticut

School/Year: CSOM ‘14

Major: Accounting

BC Life:

Best Class: Perspectives with Father Tacelli – I guess that doesn’t bode well for the whole studying business thing…sorry Mom and Dad.

Worst Class: FAST 2 with Billy Soo – Great guy, TERRIBLE class.

Bapst or O’Neill: The Grad Student Study Area in the Bapst basement (shhhh)

Favorite Place to Eat: Obviously the Bean Counter in Fulton…with over 3 different types of Kettle Chips on the shelves, why would I eat anywhere else??

Best Meal on Campus: As loathe as I am to admit that I’ve set foot in Mac since freshman year, the Indian plate they have on Tuesdays is unbeatable.

Favorite BC Sport: The Gaelic Football Team!

MDS or Hillside Elevator: I mostly take the stairs to show prospective students that calves like mine are truly attainable in just 4 easy workouts!! Namely when I walk back down and up the stairs again after I forget my laptop, my charger, and the existence of my 9am class.

Advice to Freshmen: Boston on foot is pretty cool, and you can experience a lot of the city just by “getting lost” and walking around for a while. Go out with a couple friends and plan on getting dinner, but don’t plan on where. Get off the train at Fenway and start walking east until you come across something that really appeals to you, and on the way you’ll probably run into a pop-up art exhibit or a food truck that happens to only sell macaroons. To me, this is the best way to experience Boston.

Favorite BC Tradition: Watching the marathon runners go by while I eat New Hong Kong and slowly gain more and more weight…oh, the shame.

Real Life:

Biggest Pet Peeve: Michael Fogarasi

Most Embarrassing Moment: GAH. In a word: overalls. Picture adorable preschool-age Tyler, proudly heads into the bathroom by himself, fully potty-trained – but not overalls-trained. You can write the story yourself from there.

Fun Fact: Even though I don’t remember much of anything from high school physics, I still nerd out reading about the Large Hadron Collider and actually get their newsletter – “Symmetry Magazine, Dimensions of Particle Physics.”

Favorite Movie: The Adventures of Milo and Otis really struck a chord with me.

Favorite TV Show: The Office. Or Parks and Rec. Modern Family. I like to laugh.

Celeb Crush: Too easy. Jennifer Lawrence. (Although my friends will say I have an unhealthy obsession with Jared Leto.)

Dream job: International cooking show host.

Ideal Date: a three-hour walk through Boston, stopping at bookstores, food trucks, art galleries, wine tastings, pretty much whatever we run into. We walk through the park and into a whiffle ball game and blow another hour there. Then she and I stumble upon an Ethiopian restaurant (so delicious), right before we head into Royale or the House of Blues to whatever concert we got tickets for that night.

Deal Breakers: I don’t know if I could tolerate a picky eater. If you’re not a girl who could stand (and eat) by my side during a two-week binge of Indian, Mexican, Ethiopian, Spanish, Moroccan, Afghani, Chinese, Irish, and Vietnamese food, you’re probably not the girl for me.

Quote I live by: La passion est toute l’humanité. Sans elle religion, l’histoire, le roman, l’art seraient inutiles. – Honoré de Balzac.

Favorite Song / Top of Playlist right now: Dope, by Puls.

Favorite Artist: Muse. They are the greatest live act alive right now.

Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird, just like Dad.

Perfect Vacation: Disney World. There is no competition.

Favorite Sports Team: UCONN HUSKIES BASKETBALL YES!

Hope you have come to love Tyler as much as most of BC already has! Definitely let him know if you are up for a Parks and Rec marathon with any of his favorite ethnic foods.

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum