Meet Cutie Michelle Principi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Meet the hardest working girl on campus and one of my besties – Michelle Principi! Michelle is an absolute star on stage! Not only is she a competitive Irish Step dancer, but she also does modern, jazz, choreography, and acting. She is always up for an adventure, especially if it involves baking (her cookies are fantastic) or going out in the city. I am lucky to have had Michelle as a great roommate who has put up with my strangeness for the past three years at BC. Everyone should get a chance to know this funny girl with a dramatic flair!

Photo Credit: Jordan Jennings

The Basics

Name: Michelle Principi

Hometown: West Roxbury, MA

School and Year: A&S Honors, 2015

Major: Italian with a minor in Psychoanalytical Studies

Michelle in last weekend’s Drowsy Chaperone.

Photo Credit: Bob Goober

BC Life

Activities: BC Theatre, BC Irish Dance, House Managing at Robsham, Undergraduate Research Fellow for the Italian Department, Dancer in Christmas Reflections

Theatre shows you were a part of: Rising Up: A Dance Showcase, Avenue Q, Choreographer for Godspell, The Drowsy Chaperone

BCID shows you were a part of: Rince, Stride, Treble

Favorite class: Dance for Musicals

Favorite professor: Mattia Acetoso 

Bapst or O’Neill: Neither. I’m a hermit in my room.

Favorite place to eat: Chocolate Bar

Favorite BC sport: Hockey

Favorite memory from junior year: Christmas with my roomies – waffles, onesies, and hot chocolate galore!

Why BC: I grew up around the campus and I’ve known from a young age that it was the right place for me.

Michelle in BCID’s Treble.

Photo Credit: Cindy Chen.

More About Michelle:

Favorite movie(s): The Departed, A Few Good Men

Favorite theatrical show: Chicago

Favorite TV show(s): Psych, 24

Favorite actor/actress: Jeremy Renner and Meryl Streep

Favorite animal: Horse

Favorite hangout spot in Boston: The North End… it has good food!

Favorite dessert: Ice cream

Current Netflix obsession: House of Cards

Dream job: Actress

Fun fact: No one has ever beaten me in Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit. #Undefeated!

Signature look: I like to experiment with bold and bright makeup or with whatever I see YouTube gurus promoting on their tutorials.

What makes you happiest: Dancing!

Biggest pet peeve: People being late.

Advice to freshmen: Take a dance class! You never know how much fun you’ll have until you try.

Favorite quote: “All we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us.”

Nadya is a Communication major and Computer Science minor in the honors program of Boston College. She loves to dance, and is also a member of DOBC (Dance Organization of Boston College). Nadya has loved writing for HCBC and can't wait for another year!
Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum