Meet Cutie Luke Ollila!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is a local New Englander…Luke Ollila!  He’s the perfect guy – he has killer good looks, unmatched intelligence, and a charming personality. Read on to get to know Luke a little bit better!

The Basics

Nickname:  Usually people just go with Luke

Hometown:  I have two: Concord, NH and Hull, MA

School:  Arts and Sciences

Year:  2014

Major:  Biology

­BC Life

Residence on Campus:  I live in my own apartment across from Main Gate and next to the mini res.

One Thing You’re Most Excited About for Senior Year:  To finally be recognized for my complete charm and stunning good looks as a Campus Cutie (joking of course).

Things You Do on Campus:  I occasionally grace the intramural community with my undeniable skills, I attend many football and hockey games, and I research HIV/AIDS in a neuroscience lab in Higgins.

Favorite Place to Eat on Campus:  Nothing compares to the New England Classic, so it’s got to be Hillside.

Fun Facts

Biggest Pet Peeve:  I don’t like it when people are unaware of their surroundings and do things like stand in the middle of a walkway.  It’s inconsiderate to everyone else.

Last Song You Listened to:  I’m always listening to Led Zeppelin, so I’d say “Going to California.”  If you’ve never heard it, take a listen and be sure to pay attention to the poignant lyrics.

Favorite Book:  I love Steinbeck’s books.  I’m currently reading East of Eden and have previously enjoyed Cannery Row, but my favorite book would have to be Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.  It’s such an incredible story and it’s true!  It’s one of those books you just can’t put down.

Guilty Pleasure:  I really enjoy goofy movies like Austin Powers and Ace Ventura.  I don’t really feel guilty about that though, because those movies are classics and always make me laugh until my stomach hurts.

Most Embarrassing Moment:  Though I can’t remember which movie, it was pretty uncomfortable watching a sex scene with my 85-year-old grandmother.

Love Life

Single or Taken:  I am single.

Celeb Girl Crush:  She’s more of a BC celebrity, but I’m going to go with Anna, the sandwich lady from Eagle’s.

Celeb Guy Crush:  Daniel Craig as James Bond.  The guy can wear the hell out of a suit and seems like the ultimate gentleman.

Ideal Girl:  To me, the ideal girl is intelligent, both book smart and people smart.  She’s humble, kind, and genuinely optimistic.  She’s goofy (must appreciate Austin Powers humor), but is also mature when the time calls for it.  She’s independent, driven, loyal, and most importantly, she is family oriented.  No one person is perfect though.

Ideal Date:  To me the ideal date really isn’t about the events or location at all, but rather it’s about the person I’m on the date with.  The ideal date to me would consist of an instant comfortable feeling and a night full of laughs with a lady.

Briana is a junior at Boston College studying abroad in Parma, Italy. She studies English and Italian. She loves books, clothes, and country music. Add her on twitter @brigalita !!
Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."