Meet Campus Cutie, Pat Burke!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This fun-loving Campus Cutie loves Ernest Hemingway and just wants to make people laugh. He’s a soccer fan, down to earth, and the perfect combination of funny and smart. Although he’s taken (lucky girl!) Pat Burke is a guy you definitely want to get to know.

The Basics

Name: Pat Burke

Hometown: Dedham, MA

School/Year: A&S 2016

Major: English

BC Life

Activities/clubs: A member of the comedy group Hello…Shovelhead!  and an On-Field Liaison for the New England Revolution Soccer Team

Best class: Asia in Modern World with Father Clarke

Worst class: Calculus, Freshman Fall

Bapst/O’Neill: 1st floor O’Neill

Favorite BC sport: Basketball

Favorites

TV show: Arrested Development

Movie: Blow

Book: The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway

Song: “Pyramids” by Frank Ocean

Ice cream flavor: Cookie Monster from White Mountain

Place in Boston: Bodega. I used to work there and I love it. (p.s. it is one of the coolest places and if you haven’t gone yet you definitely need to)

More About Pat!

Dream job: Comedian, I would love to be able to make people laugh for a living.

Personal motto: “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” -Winston Churchill.  This quote just really resonates with me; it is my motto when I’m going through tough times.

Advice to freshman: Do what you want to do and not what you think you have to do. College is the best time to do whatever you want and to try something new instead of doing something for resume building.

Pet peeve: Condescending people

One thing you want to do before you die: Climb Mount Kilimanjaro. I love The Snows of Mount Kilimanjaro by Ernest Hemingway, and a few years ago I had a diving accident and was seriously injured for a while and almost paralyzed, and in the hospital there was a plaque with a guy in a wheelchair who was on the highest point in Australia, and I wanted to go higher than him.  

Love Life

Single/Taken: Taken

Celeb crush: Victoria Justice (writer’s note: his girlfriend looks just like her!)

Favorite thing about your girlfriend: Definitely her confidence. She knows what she wants and she’s really independent, but still knows when to make me feel needed.

How did you meet? She’s in the comedy group My Mother’s Fleabag, and so we met at a mixer and I immediately thought she was pretty and awesome.

Ideal date: Eating in Boston somewhere on Charles Street and just walking around the common until gets so late that you realize you have to run to get to the T

Deal breaker: extreme sarcasm

Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."