Meet Campus Cutie, Kim McDonagh!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Meet junior Kim McDonagh!  This adorable blonde is super active on campus.  Not only is she a D1 athlete, representing one of the best schools in the nation, but Kim also gives back in her spare time.  She is passionate about education and is proud to be a member of the Lynch School community.  Read below to learn more about this wonderful girl and find out why she is so loveable!

The Basics

Name: Kim McDonagh

Hometown: Latrove, PA

School/Year: LSOE ‘15

Major: Elementary Education & Applied Psychology and Human Development

BC Life

Activities/Clubs: BC Women’s Track and Field, Lynch Senate, Tour Guide & Panelist, Creative Kids (at campus school), Tutor in kids’ reading comprehension and vocab, and Long Jump coach

Best Class: Adolescent Psychology with Jacqueline Lerner.  She was a great professor who was really passionate about the subject area.  She was able to incorporate her own fieldwork experience in with the class material.  

Worst Class: Biodiversity Connections

Bapst or O’Neill: O’Neill

Favorite place to eat on campus: Hillside after practice, hands down.

A little more about Kim!

Single or Taken: Single!

Ideal date: Ice skating and dinner in Boston.  

Most excited about for senior year: Living in a Mod, Senior Week, and full prac-ing.  Full time student teaching will be a lot of work, but I am super excited for it!

Fun fact: Hmmm, both of my parents went to BC.  They both were on the track team, where they met and then eventually got married on Newton Campus.   

Dream job:  I hope to be a fourth grade elementary school teacher in an urban school.  My plan is to go down South for a couple of years and then end up teaching right back here in Boston.

Favorite BC sport: Track, everyone’s favorite!  I gotta represent.  If I had to pick a second, hockey would definitely be it.  

Advice to freshmen: Get involved in activities, expand your friend group, and take advantage of service opportunities and retreats. Time’s a tickin, wish I did!

Events you run: Heptathlon (multi), which includes: 60 meter hurdles, long jump, high jump, shot put, 800 meter race, 200 meter race, and javelin.  

Favorite event: Long jump, definitely!

Shannon is currently in her junior year at BC.  She is majoring in Elementary Education and English, hoping to one day teach in an urban school.  Originally from Hopkinton, MA, one of Shannon's favorite things to do is tell people that her hometown is the start of the Boston Marathon - it's claim to fame!  In her free time, you can find Shannon cuddled up somewhere with her adorable giraffe-spotted mug.
Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum