Meet Campus Celeb Amy Gribaudo!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Amy Gribaudo is a graduate student here at Boston College working towards her masters in Higher Education Administration. Additionally, Amy works closely with the Volunteer and Service Learning Center on a number of undergraduate programs. In particular, she is the BC Big Brother Big Sister Graduate Assistant, a job which Amy finds especially rewarding. Her Campus sat down to interview Amy about her work with BC BIGS and her experience as a graduate student.

What is the best thing about your job?

The best thing about my job would have to be my student leaders (special shout out to them). They work so hard and always make me laugh. I love when they get to see their hard work pay off.

What is your fondest memory with BC BIGS?

Last year, two of my student leaders, Peter and Alyse, put together a BC BIGS spin-off of the BC “Happy” video. I am looking forward to this year’s “Shake it off” video!

How can students get involved with BC BIGS?

At this time, we are taking inquiries from interested first-year and sophomore students. Students can fill out the inquiry form on our webpage or email bcbigs@bc.edu for more information.

Besides BC BIGS are you involved in anything else on or off campus?

Halftime 76 Retreat Director, Mississippi Delta Grad Advisor, High School Mission Trip Coordinator

How is your graduate student experience different from your undergraduate experience?

My graduate student experience has been different from my undergraduate experience in two ways.  First, classes meet less frequently, therefore if I am not consistently on top of the reading and writing, it is easy to get behind in the material. Second, due to the nature of my program, Higher Education Administration, I find my time being devoted more on practical work experience than in the classroom.  The experience of overseeing the BC BIGS program has been invaluable with planning events, managing a budget, advising student leaders, and creating a community among the Bigs. 

Do you have any advice for undergraduates considering graduate school?

Go out into the real world for a bit. Be challenged and figure out what you truly want to get your degree in. If I went into graduate school right after undergrad, I would have likely pursued my master’s degree in business. After some experience in the corporate world, I realized being a financial analyst was not the right fit for me. The obstacles I faced made me think long and hard about what my true passions were. I took the leap to go back to graduate school and receive a degree in Higher Education Administration. However, do not wait too many years before going back to school as the late night classes can take a toll on you. Getting out of class at 9:30pm is too late for me!

Niloufar is a senior at Boston College, majoring in French and English.