Meet Amateur Rapper, Taylor Cavallo!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

I wasn’t sure if I should do this week’s Campus Cutie, considering my obvious roommate bias. But, in the end, I decided that there are too many awesome things about her that I couldn’t stay away! But then again, who can? She was just elected as Associate Editor of Arts for the Heights, can rock a pair of combat boots better than I ever will, and could probably teach a class about Mormons if BC asked her to. 

The Basics
Name:
Taylor Cavallo
Year: Junior
Major: English and Philosophy, Psychoanalytic Studies Minor
Hometown: Douglaston, New York

At BC
What clubs or activities are you involved with on campus? The Heights, Residence Hall Association, and Intramural Softball (we have the coolest team in the league)
What is your favorite place on campus? The grass outside of Higgins in the spring.
Bapst or O’Neil? O’Neil all the way.
Best Class? My Women’s Literature class and Perspectives II with Professor Braman, of course.
Worst Class? Chemistry and Society.

Fun Facts
What type of music do you listen to? Everything (except country….), but classic rock and rap is where my heart is.
What is the most played song on your iPod? It’s a close tie between “Deuces” (the remix, obviously), and “There She Goes Again” by the Velvet Underground.
What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Texted Sam Adams.
What is your most embarrassing moment? Anytime I trip in O’Neil Plaza or the Million Dollar Staircase, which are hazardous in the rain, by the way. Or crying at Lollapalooza during the Coldplay concert when they played “The Scientist” – none of my friends have let me live it down.
Who is your celebrity girl crush? Kirsten Dunst
Celebrity guy crush? Jim Morrison or Ernest Hemingway, but Kurt Cobain is definitely my number one. Unfortunately all of my guy crushes are deceased…
What’s your guilty pleasure? Too many to name honestly…”Sister Wives”- a show about Mormon polygamists and Degrassi.
Biggest pet peeve? Ignorance, globs of toothpaste in the sink, and the word “whatever” at crucial, definitely not ‘whatever’ times.

Favorites
Favorite Food: Indian food- I could eat naan for days.
Favorite Movies: The Birds (love Alfred Hitchcock), Gone With the Wind, and The Godfather (best movie of all time).
Favorite TV Show: Seinfeld, no question about it.
Favorite Book: That is impossible to answer…At the moment I’d have to say Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde and Swann’s Way by Marcel Proust
Favorite Animal: Fawn

Love?
Are you single? Yes
What’s your type? Tall with dark hair, a great sense of humor and a nice smile.
What’s your idea of the perfect first date? Pretty relaxed- getting lunch or dinner and walking around downtown somewhere (preferably in NYC) talking and wandering.
Any deal breakers? Hunting, arrogance, and bad taste in music. Also should be strong enough to carry me out of a burning building if I was knocked unconscious.

Taylor Cavallo’s Musings on Life:
Describe your thoughts on Mormonism and, in particular, the show “Sister Wives.”I don’t know if I can answer this question without offense.
What is your least favorite place on campus and why?Hillside and the Comm Ave Bus. Hillside lines are too long and there are never any seats- a recipe for disaster. Also the Comm. Ave bus. 
Discuss the influence of 90s music on your life. I’d love to but I almost can’t – it’s too strong to describe. While Nirvana and Pearl Jam are close to my heart, the sweet sound of classics like “Baby Got Back” and “Black Hole Sun” play in my head – one hit wonders that are not to be overshadowed by my grunge favorites.
Can Drake ever break free from the image of being Wheelchair Jimmy or will we always look at him as the basketball player torn down in his prime despite his success? I’d definitely give Drake an A for effort – he’s one of my favorite artists and he can absolutely stand on his own. But sometimes when I see that sly Aubrey smile, I can’t help but think of Jimmy from Degrassi. I don’t hate it though.
Lifetime made for TV movies or ABC Family made for TV movies? If I’m in the mood for some drama, then I go for Lifetime. If I want something slightly more light-hearted, but equally dramatic, then I go the ABC Family route. Cyberbully from ABC Family and Pregnancy Pact from Lifetime are definitely two that come to mind as classics.

Julianne is an Ohio native studying communication at Boston College with a concentration in journalism. She got involved with Her Campus BC when the chapter launched in December 2010. She began as an editor and contributing writer, and since has moved up the ranks to Campus Correspondent. Aside from working for Her Campus, Julianne is a certified personal trainer at Boston College's Flynn Recreational Complex and teaches group fitness as well. During her sophomore year, Julianne was a part of the Arrupe Program at BC and traveled to Guatemala, learning about the culture, political, social, economic, and religious issues of the country. Her goals post graduation include writing for a health and fitness magazine or working in communications for college or professional athletics. As for now, however, she is enjoying life at the University she loves so much! An avid hockey and football fan, one can always find Julianne in the stands rooting on BC and the Boston Bruins! Other hobbies include running, yoga, cooking, baking, and photography.