neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Letter to the Accepted Students of the Class of 2021

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Dear Accepted Student,

First of all, congratulations! I’m sure you’ve heard this too many times to count already, but it’s true. It is an extremely large achievement to be accepted into Boston College and you should be beyond proud of yourself.

Second of all, don’t freak out. College is not as scary as it seems. If you are in the position I was in, where I was accepted into a handful of colleges, unsure of where go spend the next four years, I am here to tell you to not stress. It may seem overwhelming that you have to decide where you want to spend your college years, but trust me, everything works out.

However, I am here to tell you why you should attend the best place on earth. Pulling up to Newton on move-in day, I immediately felt the love and support that BC offers. This may sound cheesy, but even with 9,309 undergraduate students, I still feel the close-knit community of BC every day. From football games to hockey games, Showdown to Plexapalooza, there are always events that bring BC even closer. The Jesuit method of education teaches the whole person, which is seen through the core, exploring different fields and “men and women for others.” A main focus is on reflection, which allows students to analyze the progress they are making in the world and in their own lives. If you didn’t go on a retreat, did you even go to BC?!

I knew I found my home during the first few weeks of school and I can honestly say that there is no place I’d rather be. The stairs and the lines at Eagles on the hour are worth everything. Join the Boston College class of 2021 and become a part of a vibrant, loving community, and I can promise you won’t regret it.

From your fellow eagle,

Katie

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/8/2/14/enhanced-buzz-1827-1375466455-55.jpg?no-auto

Molly is a senior at Boston College studying Communication and Political Science. She is currently a Campus Corespondent for Her Campus BC and is looking forward to writing articles! She loves to travel, hangout with her friends, and go on adventures. Her mantra is "If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be" - Maya Angelou.