This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

We have the Who, What, Where, When, and Why (and discounts off!) of the app that, since coming to Boston last fall, has been changing the scene of our lovely city’s transportation… Meet Uber!

Who?

You! Download this app on your Android or iPhone or log on at m.uber.com to get started – we promise you won’t regret it, especially after you read what this little guy can do…

What?

First off, it’s called “Uber.”  It’s a smartphone app that magically erases all of your transportation problems – no more waiting around for a cab.  

To start, simply create an account complete with your name, email, cell number, and credit card/bill information.  After you are in the system, think of Uber as your “on-demand private driver.” 

Anytime you need a ride, open Uber on your phone and it will show you all of its drivers (whether it’s a taxi, black car, or SUV – your choice depending on how sophisticated you’re feeling) in your area and how far from you they are.  Just set your pickup location on Uber’s map and let Uber do the rest. 

You will receive a text message letting you know the car’s estimated arrival time and another message when the car arrives.  All you need to do after that is enjoy the ride – no need to fish around in your wallet for cab fair because Uber has already billed your credit card! It’s that easy.

Where?

Since last fall, Uber is available to use in and around the city of Boston.  For those of you from out of state or looking to do some traveling/study abroad, make sure to check and see if Uber is available around your intended city/country – because it’s spreading fast!

When?

Use Uber 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – whether you’re out late and looking for a quick taxi back to campus, or you and your significant other need a sleek black car to go out for a romantic evening, or your big group of girlfriends wants to stop traffic by showing up downtown in an SUV, make Uber your go-to app!

Why?

It’s quick, efficient, and EASY! (Plus, if you opt for a ride in one of Uber’s black cars or SUVS, you are guaranteed to look *uber* suave in front of all of your friends).

So what are you waiting for?

Sign up with Uber using THIS LINK and receive $10 off your first ride!!

Photo Sources:

http://303magazine.com/2012/12/your-private-driver-awaits-an-uber-upgrade/

http://www.the9billion.com/2012/07/03/uber-to-offer-more-affordable-rides-with-hybrid-car-option/

http://living-in-sanfrancisco.net/uber-in-san-francisco/

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.