Just FAC It: Explore Boston with the Friday Adventure Club

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

As many articles as HC BC has written about different things to do in Boston, I have to admit, I myself have not done over a quarter of them. As a senior I’m starting to realize how little time I have left to truly take advantage of the awesome city that’s next door. 

I was discussing this with my friend when she told me about her friend, a fellow senior, who decided to actually do something about his lack of time spent in Boston.  Steven Nicholas created the Friday Adventure Club (FAC).  Every Friday he goes on an adventure in Boston, bringing anyone who wants to join him.

His sophomore year, Steven did PULSE, which got him out of his BC Bubble comfort zone. He was able to explore deeper parts of Boston and realized how much it has to offer. He got a list of “non-touristy” activities to do in the city from a guest speaker in his PULSE class, and decided to try and do everything on the list. He realized that after two years he had only crossed five or six things off the list, and was determined to change that.  Luckily for him, he does not have class on Fridays, and resolved to dedicate every Friday to checking something off his list. “I created the Friday Adventure Club group because I figured other people might be interested in some of the places I go, and I wanted some company.” 

I had the pleasure of seeing this list, and will share some of its gems with you:

• Go to Mike’s City Diner in the South End
  • Visit Trinity Church in Copley Square
  • Go to Piers Park in East Boston
  • Check out the Ether Dome in Mass General Hospital
  • Grab some food at Santarpio’s Pizza in East Boston

So be sure to explore the city while you still have the chance, and as Steven says, just FAC it.

Meghan Keefe is a senior associate on the integrated marketing team at Her Campus Media. While she was a student at Boston College, she was on the HC BC team and led as a Campus Correspondent for two semesters. After graduating and working for three years in public relations, she decided it was time to rejoin the Her Campus team. In her spare time, she enjoys exploring Boston and traveling - anything that gets her outside. 
Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.