This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

“Céad míle fálite” or “a hundred thousand welcomes” is an ever present feeling extended towards all tourists travelling to Ireland. Friendly people, good craic, and historic sites make Dublin a great vacation destination. Here are my tips on the spots you can’t miss when exploring the capital of the Emerald Isle.  

Find Good Craic in Temple Bar

Looking for a good time? Or craic as the Irish call it? Temple Bar is the place to be. With live music and Guinness flowing no matter the time of day you can also expect to have a good time in this area of Dublin. The area is filled with pubs, and my personal favorite is The Quays. Just be warned that this spot is big with tourists so the pints are a little pricier than what you may find in other parts of town.

Learn about Irish History at Kilmainham Gaol

Kilmainham Gaol served as a prison from 1796 to 1924 and has since been transformed into a fantastic historical site. Because it was an operating prison during this time, which were some of the most pivotal years in Irish history, the jail is connected to many historic moments including the famine, various rebellions, and the Irish Civil War. Some of Ireland’s most famous leaders were imprisoned here at one point. Thus, this spot provides an interesting way of learning about and connecting with Irish history.

See Dublin at the Guinness Storehouse

The Guinness Storehouse houses a massive museum-like experience that teaches you more than you ever thought you’d know about Guinness. From the actual brewing to the advertising component they don’t leave anything out when it comes to this Irish favorite. My favorite part, however, is sky bar on the top floor of the building. From here, you can see all of Dublin from the mountains to the sea. And cash in on your free pint of Guinness…

Experience Trinity College Library and The Book of Kells

This is the best Instagram spot in Dublin. After viewing one of the oldest manuscripts still around today, The Book of Kells, venture upstairs into the Trinity library. It is a magnificent building that makes you think about all the great minds that have been there. A quick in and out spot. And bonus points for you if you can get a Trinity student to bring you in for free!

Taste the Whiskey Jameson Distillery Bow St.

The tour at the Jameson Distillery is one of my favorite touristy things to do in Dublin. In this interactive tour, you learn everything there is to know about the making of Jameson Whiskey and even get to partake in a whiskey tasting. This tour is not to miss.  

Hope you can visit one day!! 

Hi, I'm Fallon! I'm a senior at Boston College and this year's BC campus correspondent. I am a communications major and marketing minor and I am originally from St. Paul, Minnesota. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with friends, catching up on Netflix, and exploring Boston!