Interesting Places to Go on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Valentine’s Day is coming up quickly, and there are still so many plans to be made. Have you been thinking of something to do with your friends or significant other but don’t want to do the typical dinner and a movie date? Here are some great ideas about what you could do instead!

The Museum of Fine Arts

The exhibits at the MFA are always beautiful, so why not take your art-lover friends for Valentine’s Day? If you’ve been through the exhibits over and over again, don’t worry – there’s a new exhibit opening on Valentine’s Day! It’s all about impressionist painters, so it fits the Valentine’s mood perfectly. The best news is, you don’t even need Monet (get it? money?), because our BC ID gets you in for free!

Disney On Ice

Forget the troubles of being a college student, and go back to simpler times where you can just enjoy princesses skating around. Disney On Ice is a fun Valentine’s Day idea to bring out your inner child.

Dining In The Dark 

Did you go see the Rachel McAdams movie About Time this winter? If you did, you saw that they went to a restaurant that was completely dark. Talk about a blind date! This type of event is happening in Boston on Valentine’s Day (but with masks instead, so it’s okay if you’re afraid of the dark!)

Wine Tasting 

For all of you 21+ collegiettes, there’s a free wine tasting at the Wine Bottega on Hanover Street on Valentine’s Day! They paired wines together to suit any valentine’s occasion, and of course there will be chocolate.  For more information, you can visit their site at thewinebottega.com/events

Hairspray 

If you haven’t seen this magnificent musical, this Valentine’s Day is the perfect time! Bring your friends, your significant other, or even your parents to this upbeat musical set in the ‘60s. No, there won’t be any Zac Efron appearances like in the movie, but you won’t be disappointed. It is playing at the Wheelock Family Theatre, located on Wheelock College’s campus.

No matter what you do this Valentine’s Day, make sure to enjoy yourself and make some memories! So, what are you planning on doing this Valentine’s Day?

Photo Sources:

http://www.boston.com/thingstodo/gallery/valentines_events?pg=13

http://www.goldstar.com/e/79500

thewinelife.tumblr.com

Boston College student, but Wisconsinite at heart. Music aficionado, and lover of all things cats. BC '16, LSOE. Secondary Ed. and English major, Psychology minor. Along with being a writer and editor for HC BC, Samantha is a Drumline Section Leader in the Screaming Eagles Marching Band, involved in the BC Pep Band and the BC Symphonic Band, and is a member of the English Association.
Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum