How Does Hoodie Allen Compare to Other Schools’ Concerts?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

After rumors flew about Hoodie Allen being this year’s Modstock artist, the singer himself announced it on Twitter- only it was a little premature. UGBC still has not confirmed Hoodie as this year’s performance, although he seemed confident of it through his tweets. After this leak of information, BC students have mixed feelings about this artist for Modstock. To see how our spring concert compares, I looked at other college’s concerts for this year:

URI – Hardwell

BC EDM fans are going to be jealous of University of Rhode Island for having Hardwell this year. This popular DJ has become very famous lately, and is known for great performances. With not that far of a trip, BC students may even be able to get tickets to URI’s show.

Villanova- White Panda

Villanova also went for a DJ, White Panda, known for their mashups and remixes. Once again, BC’s EDM fans are going to be jealous of this school’s choice.

Middlebury – Matt & Kim

For the more indie rock/alternative fans, Middlebury chose Matt & Kim for their spring performance. However, their music may not have fit the Modstock party vibe that is expected following last year’s Macklemore.

BU- Hunter Hayes

Boston University chose to host a country spring performer this year, which is another genre BC students may have also enjoyed for Modstock. With the rise in country’s popularity, Hunter Hayes is a good choice.

Northeastern- Snoop Dogg and Sara Bareilles

Northeastern chose a confusing combination, with Snoop Dogg’s rap and Sara Bareilles’ pop rock music. However, students get the best of both worlds, and can enjoy the music they prefer best, a choice BC students may have wanted.

UMD- Big Sean and Wale

University of Maryland has Big Sean and Wale as their performers, choosing the hip-hop and rap genres, which doesn’t seem a popular choice at the other schools.

Holy Cross- Blink 182

So Holy Cross has Blink 182. That is just awesome.

As you can see, every school makes a different choice on what performer and what genre to post. Hoodie Allen, who is described as hip-hop/rap, may not be everyone’s favorite, but his songs like “No Interruption” are catchy, and Modstock will be fun either way. May we be jealous of other schools? Just a bit.

Photo Sources:

Thisera.com

Edmsauce.com

‪bamnwgan.blogspot.com

http://wallpho.com

‪sm-mag.com

‪jonesandb.com

‪fashionbombdaily.com

‪‪www.thissongslaps.com

flickr.com

http://www.sfcritic.com/2010/11/17/featured-artist-the-white-panda/3638

Freshman at Boston College!
Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum