This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

It’s hard to believe it, but we are in our last month of classes!  Some of you may be rejoicing while others may be crying over how much work you have to get done before then, but no matter what your reaction may be, be sure to enjoy these last few weeks on the Heights.

Of course everyone is at a different point in his or her college career. For freshmen, they’re probably overjoyed to be going home to visit their high school friends that they’ve missed so dearly and to live at home for a few months with the ‘rents.  Sophomores are in this weird “oh my gosh, college is halfway over?!” stage.  Juniors are most likely gearing up for an internship that makes “summer” a whole different ball game.  And seniors? Well, I can’t really make a statement about their thoughts and feelings about entering the real world, because I’m still a little sophomore. 

But we aren’t quite there yet.  Just one month left of classes separates us from sunshine and freedom, well that is before finals.  So how exactly do we prepare ourselves to survive these next four weeks of being swamped with work?  Read below for a few tips to help you out.

1. Get organized, NOW!

Yes, you heard me.  Get yourself organized now, and I truly mean now.  Nothing sucks more than being that one person who still has three papers to write and two exams to cram for the night before the last week of classes.  So why not put a stop to the madness now?  Pull out your syllabus and write down all that you have left, that is major papers, exams, assignments, and final projects.  If what is on the horizon is on your mind now, you have a much better chance at being proactive about the stuff that’s due in the future rather than pushing it off to the final minute. 

2. Big calendar

This is my favorite way to plan for the final month of school.  I am a very visual person, and I think that many people benefit from visualizing their weeks ahead.  With that said, I find that the best way for me to understand what’s to come for my classes is to lay it all out on a big calendar.  What rocks about your calendar for the month of April is that what you see is what you get.  Aside from finals, you only have one month left of classes, so write those assignments down and space out the time you will need to spend on whatever you have left to complete before April 30th rounds the corner. 

3. To-do list

There is no better feeling in the world than checking something off your to-do list.  Writing something down, even if it’s just something small like “email mom with flight home info.” Just putting it onto paper relieves stress.  I am one who writes down all the little things, which I find to be EXTREMELY helpful in relieving my mind of wondering what I have to do.  So make a to-do list every day.  Put on something school related that can be completed that day (so be reasonable!!).  There’s nothing more discouraging than writing down “read chapters 3,4, & 5” and it being too much to even begin to tackle.  Instead, try “read chp. 3 tonight,” which is much more doable and even more reassuring that you can accomplish the things you need to!  Also, add the little things that might be nagging you down, too.  Getting things off your mind and onto paper will help you stay organized and stay efficient for this last month!

4. Pick things to look forward to!

While writing a to-do list of everything you have to get done before the end of the semester may seem a bit daunting, add some exciting dates to your calendar, too!  It’s important to remember, especially at this time in the semester, that college isn’t all about grades.  Yes, I understand that we go to BC where we all try and do our best (in all aspects of life), but it’s necessary to take a breath and have fun too.  The month of April is packed with many fun events, sure to take your mind off that 10-page research paper that’s hanging over your head.  Make sure you utilize the Her Campus BC calendar to check out all the entertaining events happening on campus this month and space out your time between work-time and break-time.

So good luck, Collegiettes!  You’re in the home stretch and now is the time to grind it out and have fun with your college besties before it’s time to say goodbye for the summer!

Photo Sources

http://publicsf.com/events/brass-tax-presents-supper-of-survivors-iv-8378

http://www.bc.edu/content/bc/admission/undergrad/process/freshman/requirements.html

http://www.imom.com/tools/get-organized/2014-printable-calendars/

http://www.liesyoungwomenbelieve.com/index.php?id=889

http://www.runningusa.org/intl-boston-2014?returnTo=january-2

Shannon is currently in her junior year at BC.  She is majoring in Elementary Education and English, hoping to one day teach in an urban school.  Originally from Hopkinton, MA, one of Shannon's favorite things to do is tell people that her hometown is the start of the Boston Marathon - it's claim to fame!  In her free time, you can find Shannon cuddled up somewhere with her adorable giraffe-spotted mug.
Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum