Holiday Cheer: Room Decorating Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

It’s finally that time of the year again! After waiting what seems to be like forever, it’s finally December again which means that Christmas is finally almost here! It’s time to start writing those letters to Santa to let him know what you really want for Christmas this year. Just make sure not to forget to leave out those cookies and milk for Santa, or maybe you should give some to your teachers so they give you all A’s in light of the holiday spirit. Whether you’ve been naughty or nice you can always bring that Christmas cheer around. Here are a few ways to bring that holiday cheer into your room so that you can make the most of this wonderful holiday.

Mistletoe, Anyone?

Not only does mistletoe look really pretty, but gives you an excellent excuse to get a kiss from that special someone. Who knows, maybe you could even bring some around with you and whip it out just at the right time. Just say that it’s all in the spirit of Christmas. It also adds that nice pine smell to your room, which makes it smell more like Christmas.

Make Snowflakes

Snowflakes are really easy to make and they scream Christmas. Just take a piece of paper and scissors and start cutting away. Make sure to remember to cut on the right side so you don’t end up with a bunch of really weird looking shapes. Put them everywhere so you can make you room look like a Christmas wonderland.

Lights Everywhere

With the winter already here and it starting to get really cold outside, some people get a little bit sad. The perfect way to not only light up your room but to also get you into a better mood is by adding Christmas lights. They’re so bright and fun and come in all kinds of shapes, sizes and colors. Just pick one that makes you happy and put it up around your room. It gives your room extra light and brings in the spirit of Christmas. Plus, they’re very relaxing.

Christmas Trees

You can get a real one or you can go to CVS and get a small Christmas tree. They have little ones that you can put on your desk and they come fully decorated. If this doesn’t remind you of Christmas then I don’t know what does. You can put every kind of decoration on it and just make it fun and creative. And you can always add some stockings either onto it or around the room to make everything just that much merrier.

Photo Sources:

http://iloveeasthampton.blogspot.com/2011/12/christmas-decor.html

Meghan Keefe is a senior associate on the integrated marketing team at Her Campus Media. While she was a student at Boston College, she was on the HC BC team and led as a Campus Correspondent for two semesters. After graduating and working for three years in public relations, she decided it was time to rejoin the Her Campus team. In her spare time, she enjoys exploring Boston and traveling - anything that gets her outside.