Hey, It’s Okay: BC Freshmen Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Searching for the printers in O’Neill, knocking on mod doors weekend nights with the hope of being let in, and discovering one month into school that there’s a place called the Rat; we’ve all been there.  So let’s all agree that freshmen year is tough!  From adjusting to dorm life to making hundreds of new friends, it’s easy for them to lose their way every now and then.  Unlike the cool, we-know-everything-there-is-to-know seniors, freshmen try to fit into the campus culture, making (harmless, yet sometimes embarrassing) mistakes along the way.  Don’t forget, it’s their first year away from home, away from their childhood best friends, possibly away from their home state or coast, so you know what… hey freshmen, it’s okay!

1. To pretend to know the person who owns the random mod you’re partying in… who cares, it’s a mod right?!
  1. To do your sexy ab workouts on the mat closest to the hunky Upperclassmen guys weight lifting (text me, maybe?)
  1. To sprint across campus with your backpack bouncing up and down because you’re late… aka only 10, instead of 15, minutes early.
  1. To Snapchat a picture of yourself (clearly not studying) in Bapst because you STILL can’t get over the Harry Potter resemblance.
  1. To finally hop onto the Comm Ave bus only to realize you’re not heading back to Newton Campus… only for the, uh, third time…
  1. To wander around the different food stations at Lower because you have absolutely NO idea what they’re serving… Ehhh, oh well, a salad seems to be the easiest (and most familiar) option anyways.
  1. To go out and buy an expensive looking gold watch, a pair of Bean/hiking boots, a warm (but most importantly, classy and stylish) winter jacket, a black or navy blue J.Crew vest… Hey, just keeping it BC Classy.
  1. To whip out your cell and Instagram a picture of autumn Gasson, snow covered Gasson, sunset Gasson, school day Gasson, at night Gasson… What! It always gets an overwhelming number of likes!
  1. To start planning your perfect Vandy 8-man in September, even though housing doesn’t start until March.
  1. To ditch the Freshmen label and call yourself a Sophomore because, well… you’re only 6 weeks from actually becoming one!!

Photo Sources:

http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/blogs/smitten/2010/05/readers-dilemma-theres-this-ho.html

http://bostinno.com/2011/10/09/boston-college-harvard-home-of-the-most-beautiful-college-libraries-images/bc-bapst-library/

http://masshumanities.org/corcoran_directions

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.