This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

On Friday, Feb. 24, the Newton Police Department issued a missing person report for Boston College Woods College of Advancing Studies student Franco Garcia.

Garcia was last seen at Mary Ann’s bar in Cleveland Circle at around 12:15 AM, where he had been the night of Tuesday, Feb. 21.  At that time, he was wearing a long sleeve white and blue striped shirt, a North Face jacket, and jeans.  Police tracked a call to Garcia’s cell phone at around 1:15 that night and think that he was going in the direction of the BC campus, but do not have definitive information.  Since then, Garcia has not been seen at work or in classes and has not contacted friends or family.  His vehicle is still at Boston College. Today, Sunday, February 26, the state police are planning on flying a helicopter over the Chestnut Hill Reservoir and the surrounding woods, where Garcia’s cell phone signal was last detected.

Garcia is 21 years old, 5’9, and weighs 190 pounds.  He has brown hair, brown eyes, and wears glasses.  If anyone has information on his whereabouts or has any information about the matter, please contact the Newton Police at (617) 796-2100 or the Detective Division at (617) 796-2104.  Garcia’s family can also be contacted at (617) 678-4124.  Anyone who was at Mary Ann’s that Tuesday night and has photos or videos is being called to send them to findfrancobc@gmail.com, regardless or whether Garcia is in the photos or not. These photos will not be publicized in any way, and even if they seem irrelevant, may contain pertinent information.

The entire Boston College community is incredibly concerned by the disappearance, and any information helps.  Please do not hesitate to come forward with any information about that night or Garcia’s current status.

As Vice President for Student Affairs, Patrick Rombalski, said in his notification to the BC community, “I know you join me in extending your thoughts and prayers on behalf of Franco and his family during this upsetting time.”  The team at Her Campus BC echoes that sentiment and encourages everyone to be alert and come together to help find Garcia.

Julianne is an Ohio native studying communication at Boston College with a concentration in journalism. She got involved with Her Campus BC when the chapter launched in December 2010. She began as an editor and contributing writer, and since has moved up the ranks to Campus Correspondent. Aside from working for Her Campus, Julianne is a certified personal trainer at Boston College's Flynn Recreational Complex and teaches group fitness as well. During her sophomore year, Julianne was a part of the Arrupe Program at BC and traveled to Guatemala, learning about the culture, political, social, economic, and religious issues of the country. Her goals post graduation include writing for a health and fitness magazine or working in communications for college or professional athletics. As for now, however, she is enjoying life at the University she loves so much! An avid hockey and football fan, one can always find Julianne in the stands rooting on BC and the Boston Bruins! Other hobbies include running, yoga, cooking, baking, and photography.