david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Halloween songs to spook up your playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

What’s a party without a fantastic playlist? It’s just people standing around wishing there was awesome music playing. If you want to make your Halloween party epic this year (or any year) why not add some of these songs to your playlist and get your friends singing and dancing?

1. Monster Mash by Bobby Pickett & The Crypt Kickers

The iconic Monster Mash will get anyone in the mood to enjoy the Halloween spirit. Check out cool remixes of this classic song to give your party a more modern twist. So listen to this and then go out and have a graveyard smash! 

2. Zombie by the Cranberries

What’s spookier than zombies? Not much! While the song may have political undertones, the haunting message only adds to intensity of the song. And that chorus will get you screaming “Zombie!” with all your friends.

3. Monster by Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga dresses like it’s Halloween all year long (or at least she used to) and her music is just as unique as her style. It is only appropriate that you add one of Gaga’s songs, specifically Monster, to your Halloween playlist. 

4. Bad Guy by Billie Eilish

Two words: Billie. Eilish. She has creepy down to a T, but in a good way… kind of. This haunting melody and the scary music video will only add to the Halloween spooks. Plus, you can never really go wrong with Billie Eilish music.

5. Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr. 

To lighten up the mood while still maintaining that Halloween spirit, why not go with the iconic Ghostbusters music? Not only is a jam, but you can enjoy asking people “Who ya gonna call” until they eventually join in.

6. Thriller by Michael Jackson

Is it even a Halloween playlist if Thriller isn’t on it? The ultimate Halloween song, Thriller will not only get you singing, it’ll get you and your friends up and dancing that quintessential Halloween dance.

7. Boogie Monster by Gnarls Barkley

The combination of the Gnarls Barkley’s gorgeous voice and the scary monster that hid under your bed as a kid should be enough to add this song to your Halloween playlist. It’s kind of a different vibe from some of the other songs on this list; nonetheless it adds that certain something every party needs. 

Hopefully these songs get you ready to go out and trick-or-treat, or, more likely, ready to party. Even if that party is just you and your friends hanging around and listening to spooky music. Everyone deserves a rockin’ Halloween playlist to listen to.

Alexandra is a Senior History major with an English minor at Boston College who can always be found procrastinating by reading books or watching Netflix. She is known for making puns so bad that not even her friends laugh at them (but she always does). Her favorite ice cream flavor is Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey. Favorite movies include When Harry Met Sally, Dead Poets Society, and The Princess Bride.