The Great Escape: Chestnut Hill Square

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

There comes a time in our busy week when we feel the need to escape from campus. Faneuil Hall is too far, Newbury Street has been done too many times and you are just looking for somewhere close to campus. The perfect escape is available for us right down Route 9 at the newly opened Chestnut Hill Square.

Whether looking for a place to have dinner with friends, shop for a stylish new piece to add to your wardrobe or give yourself a pampering session, you will find plenty of options here.

Seasons 52 is a delicious place to dine with friends, on a date, or with family. Their menu is full of fresh ingredients with seasonal specials, and everything on the menu is healthy and delicious. In addition to their amazing food, they also have an incredible wine list as well as specialty cocktails and plenty of beers. One of the highlights of the entire restaurant has to be its piano bar, which features live music at night. Definitely somewhere to try out!

If you love Italian food, then you will love Brio’s Tuscan Grille. The minute you walk in, you are welcomed by a beautiful interior. Whether going for brunch, lunch, dinner or happy hour you are sure to have a great experience. No matter when you go, however, I highly recommend trying out the desserts. You can order several and share them with the table, or savor the delectable treats by yourself. Brio’s also seems to understand that we are on a college budget, but like to go out. Their Bar Brioso happens Monday to Friday from 3:30-6:30 p.m. and you can get bar plates and beverages for under $6. Fresh flatbreads and wine for under $10; sign me up!

With the winter winds continuing to howl and the feeling that spring break is some far off fantasy, Sail Loft is a great boutique to escape to for something to wear out, a beautiful piece of jewelry, perfectly fitted jeans or a springtime dress to save for the beach. With all the designers we love, like Rebecca Taylor, DVF, Tory Burch, Trina Turk, Joie and Ellie Kai, you are sure to find at least one or two pieces to add to your closet. And as a BC student bonus, if you show your BC ID you get a special discount (think J.Crew discount, but way better!).

If shopping or dining involves too much energy after a busy week and you just want to unwind, then Drybar is the perfect retreat. Warning though, this place is an addiction. With flawless blowouts all named after cocktails, like Mai Tai, Cosmo and Manhattan, you will walk away feeling like a million bucks. The staff is super nice and can make your hair look however you want, just like your favorite mixed drink. I highly recommend getting the scalp massage during the shampoo while you are there; honestly you will never want to leave the chair because it is so relaxing.

At the end of the week, we all sometimes need some way to release stress, but going to workout at the Plex only brings more anxiety due to the crowded machines and sweaty surroundings. For a gym that has every machine imaginable, a juice bar, tons of fun and intense fitness classes and a luxurious locker room, you need to check out Equinox. You will feel like you are in heaven as soon as you walk in. If interested in finding a gym membership off of campus, I highly recommend Equinox for they make sure that you are taken care of and getting everything out of your workout that you want. Once you go there, I will admit, it is hard to go back to the Plex.

With many other shops and restaurants open and coming soon, you will surely find out after one visit to Chestnut Hill Square that it is a great escape so conveniently close to campus! To check out what other stores are open or coming soon, check out their website!

Photo Sources:

http://www.equinox.com/clubs/chestnuthill

Meghan Gibbons

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum