Grab a Blanket and Curl Up With These 11 Fall Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Now that Summer is officially over, it’s time to get into the Fall mood with some apple cider, pumpkin spice, and oversized sweaters. Grab a blanket, a mug of tea, and binge watch these 11 films that give off those Autumn vibes.

Good Will Hunting, 1997

Rotten Tomatoes: 97%

Set in our own city of Boston, Will Hunting (Matt Damon) has a genius level IQ but chooses to work as a janitor at MIT. After solving a difficult math-problem on the board in one of the classrooms, his life is changed by help of an MIT professor and therapist (Robin Williams).

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, 2001

Rotten Tomatoes: 80%

I’m sure everyone knows the plot of this great gem, but after Harry Potter learns that he is a wizard, his life changes significantly from a dull, somber one to a magical, eventful one as he discovers the story of his parent’s deaths and his magical capabilities.  

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, 1986

Rotten Tomatoes: 81%

This classic film is the perfect back-to-school watch. Ferris Bueller, a boy skilled in the art of getting away with things, skips school one day and embarks on an exciting day journey in Chicago; however, his principal is determined to finally catch him.

500 Days of Summer, 2009

Rotten Tomatoes: 85%

After Tom (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is broken up with by his girlfriend (Zooey Deschanel), he reflects on their 500 days together trying to find when it went South. A movie with both Joseph Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel? You just have to watch it.

The Blind Side, 2009

Rotten Tomatoes: 67%

This heartwarming film tells the story of Michael Oher and his acceptance into the Tuohy family, as well as his growth as a student and football player.

Silver Linings Playbook, 2012

Rotten Tomatoes: 92%

This amazing film explores the relationship between Pat (Bradley Cooper) and Tiffany (Jennifer Lawrence) after Pat is released from a mental institution. Jennifer Lawrence was awarded Best Actress for this film, and Bradley Cooper…well, he’s just beautiful. Honestly, just watch this movie for the legendary duo.

Forrest Gump, 1994

Rotten Tomatoes: 71%

This heartwarming film illustrates the life of a very interesting Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks). From playing college football, to running across the country, to fighting in Vietnam, to his relationship with his childhood love, Jenny, Forrest’s life is anything but boring.

The Princess Bride, 1987

Rotten Tomatoes: 97%

This must-watch fairy tale is about a beautiful princess and her true love who must fight to save her. Most of us have heard the reference from this great film: “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.” If you haven’t, watch it. If you have, also watch it.

Perks of Being a Wallflower, 2012

Rotten Tomatoes: 86%

Charlie (Logan Lerman) is the epitome of a wallflower before he meets Sam (Emma Watson) and Patrick (Ezra Miller), who help him discover his sense of confidence and the joys of friendship and love. Emma Watson’s amazing part in this film proved that she definitely won’t be just a one role actress.

Vanessa is a senior at Boston College studying Economics and Communications. She is proud to be the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Boston College!