Fun Fall To-Do’s in New England

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Looking to branch out from BC’s campus for the weekend? Grab your roommates and try out some of these fall-fun activities!

Apple Picking: Gather some friends and head to an orchard for apple picking during fall this year. It’s a great opportunity to hang out with friends outside of campus, and you can take some adorable pictures while you’re there!

Salem, MA Halloween tour: The history of Salem, Massachusetts includes some pretty cool, and somewhat creepy stuff. Home of the Salem Witch Trials, this is a place you must travel to at least once during the month of October. The history is super interesting and it’s a perfect place to visit for spooky season.

Visit the Cape: The Cape is beautiful year round. With the weather getting chillier and leaves turning red, orange, and gold, the season of fall is no exception. Pack up your overnight bag and head to the Cape with your friends for a night or two. You can even do a tour of the Cape Cod Cranberry Bog while you’re there!

Hike with friends: Northeastern falls are simply unbeatable, especially in Western Mass, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. If you and your friends have a day off from work, drive to a national forest near you for a long hike. The views will be incredible, and hiking is a great way to de-stress after a long week.

Find some nice leaves, a covered bridge, and do a Fall photo shoot: The Northeast is known not only for its beautiful fall, but also for its multitude of covered bridges. These beautiful, sometimes ancient looking bridges are the perfect opportunity for a photo shoot with friends. Surrounded by beautiful architecture and scenery, you’re bound to get some incredible pictures.

Decorating Pumpkins: With Halloween less than a month away, pumpkin carving and decorating season is upon us. If you can’t carve a pumpkin in your dorm, just decorate them instead. Spending a night in to decorate your dorm with Halloween decor and decorated pumpkins is such a fun way to hang out with your friends and roommates.

Eat Festive Fall Food: While winter is my favorite season by far, festive fall treats are definitely my favorite seasonal food. Whether its apple cider donuts, pumpkin seeds, or Halloween candy, I’m a sucker for a fall food. My favorite classic fall food has to be the themed Pillsbury cookies, decorated with pumpkins and ghosts for Halloween. A fun tradition to start with your friends is a fall themed dinner, followed by a Halloween Movie Marathon.

Happy (almost) fall everyone!

Hi all :) I'm a member of Boston College's Class of 2021! I'm studying biology and environmental studies and hope to one day attend medical school. I love to write, whether it's current events articles, poetry, or short stories. In addition to being a writer for Her Campus BC, I'm a member of BC's Women's Club Soccer Team. I love to travel and spend time outdoors hiking, biking, horseback riding, running, or just experiencing nature. I have an adventurous personality and am always ready to try new things. LIfe is all about the experiences you have and the people you surround yourself with :)