Finding Humor in Everything, Meet Freshman Cutie Mary Kate Hennelly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Meet freshman cutie Mary Kate Hennelly, the outspoken New York native who didn’t hesitate to answer any of our questions, except for an embarrassing moment… it’s hard to come up with one when you embrace your quirks and love making friends who “approach your level of insanity”.

The basics
Name: Mary Kate Hennelly
School/year: A&S, 2015
Major: Art History

On campus
Activities/clubs: Conversation Partners, I work at the McMullen museum on campus, Irish Society (gotta celebrate my majestic culture)
Best class: Age of Leonardo and Michelangelo with Stephainie Leone.  Gotta love Italian art (food, men, etc.) and Prof. Leone is super knowledgeable and nice.
Worst class: There aren’t bad classes, only people who are bad at finding the humor in why they’re so bad.
Best part of freshman year: Meeting all my friends who approach my level of insanity.  Also, I thoroughly enjoy taking my 2 hour naps between classes.
Thoughts on housing: We all need to stage a coup of ResLife, because that thing is kray.  By some twist of fate, my friends and I killed it in the housing lottery, but one day there’s going to be a rebellion.

This or that
O’Neill or Babst: O’Neill, all day, err day.  I’d probably move into the Reading Room if I could.  I may or may not be minimally productive there, but I can’t say no those the comfy chairs.
Hillside or Eagles Nest: Hillside, my life would be an empty shell without iced skim chais and Turkey & Brie.  There are few things besides a medical emergency that would wake me out of my sleep early, but Hillside omelettes qualify for an early wake-up.
Plex or being outside: Plex forever; I am obsessed with spinning (I’m actually a certified instructor) and I love yoga too, so the plex is my second, hot, semi-gross home.

Fun facts
Single or taken: Single
Dealbreakers: Clinging too fast (butterflies are free to fly)
Pet peeve: People who are arrogant/ mean before you even get to know them
Fun fact: I was on an episode of Barney as a child (seriously- one episode, as random background child).  I wasn’t asked back because I was “uncooperative”
Guilty pleasure: I can’t deny how much I love Toblerone….and the occasional viewing of Maury.
Favorite song: So many, but it’s a tie between “Do Ya like” by Childish Gambino and “Bill Gates” by Lil Wayne
Favorite movie: It’s a toss up between Taken, Limitless, and Tropic Thunder, and I’m not even a little bit sorry.

Julianne is an Ohio native studying communication at Boston College with a concentration in journalism. She got involved with Her Campus BC when the chapter launched in December 2010. She began as an editor and contributing writer, and since has moved up the ranks to Campus Correspondent. Aside from working for Her Campus, Julianne is a certified personal trainer at Boston College's Flynn Recreational Complex and teaches group fitness as well. During her sophomore year, Julianne was a part of the Arrupe Program at BC and traveled to Guatemala, learning about the culture, political, social, economic, and religious issues of the country. Her goals post graduation include writing for a health and fitness magazine or working in communications for college or professional athletics. As for now, however, she is enjoying life at the University she loves so much! An avid hockey and football fan, one can always find Julianne in the stands rooting on BC and the Boston Bruins! Other hobbies include running, yoga, cooking, baking, and photography.