Finals Procrastination: Click at Your Own Risk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

It’s that special time of year again: finals week.  Here at Her Campus BC, we have your every interest at heart, and that includes maintaining your sanity.  Bored with Facebook, Pinterest, and every variation of #Whatshouldwecallme?  Take a study break with these fun websites!

Devastating Explosions
Fondly dubbed as “The Kill Button” by my friends and me, this site is what singlehandedly got me through finals last semester.  Like any person, I can get pretty stressed out during finals, and people seem to bother me more than usual.  Annoying girls in the library carrying on a conversation while I’m trying to study?  It’s simple!  Turn your computer towards them, press the red button, and watch their startled reactions while your computer explodes into flames. That’ll keep them from bothering you again! So
satisfying.

You, Me, & Charlie
This is the cutest little blog started by Glee star Dianna Agron. She calls it an “arts collective,” and it features lots of new music, books, photos, movies, and daily inspirations.  Plus, checking it out will make you feel super artsy and cool.

Crushable
As a celebrity gossip addict, I’m always looking for new sites to entertain me.  I love Crushable because it’s very up-to-date on the latest news, while maintaining a sassy and hilarious style.

The Man Repeller
My roommate recently recommended this fashion blog to me and it’s taken the lead as my top procrastination tool this finals season!  This blog not only includes wildly fun fashion, but thoughtful commentary as well.  Also, I love the fact that it’s called man repeller.  Used in context (via the website):
Girl 1: What are you wearing to the party?
Girl 2: My sweet lime green drop crotch utility pants!
Girl 1: Oh, so we’re man repelling tonight?
….Genius.

Thought Catalog
Thought Catalog is a fantastic website that features daily essays from the random and hysterical to the serious and poignant.  The TC contributors are incredibly smart and creative, and I’m always reading their articles.  Definitely check this out if you haven’t already!

TrekEarth
Since I’m going abroad to Barcelona next year, I’ve been having the best time stalking pictures on this website from all over the city. TrekEarth features amazing photographs from all over the world and is a great break from that “paper writing” you’re definitely doing right now.

Vimeo
Vimeo was established by a group of filmmakers who wanted to share their creative works online.  I’ve seen lots of quality short films and videos on this website, and I recently discovered that they have different channels according to the category of the video.  Perfect procrastination.

My last procrastination recommendation is Front Row.  If you have a Mac, you probably have this on your computer and it’s a fantastic time-waster.  All you have to do is click the “Movies” tab, and you have at your fingertips every movie trailer in the world in perfect quality.  It doesn’t sound that exciting, but let’s talk again after you realize you’ve spent two hours going through all of them.

If I’ve helped you avoid doing schoolwork this finals week, then I’ve done my job!  Happy (not) studying!

Photo Sources:
http://thedailywh.at/tag/devastating-explosions/
http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Europe/Spain/Catalonia/Barcelona/Barcel…
photo1356837.htm
http://www.manrepeller.com/2012/05/super-sick-spring-kicks.html

Meghan Keefe is a senior associate on the integrated marketing team at Her Campus Media. While she was a student at Boston College, she was on the HC BC team and led as a Campus Correspondent for two semesters. After graduating and working for three years in public relations, she decided it was time to rejoin the Her Campus team. In her spare time, she enjoys exploring Boston and traveling - anything that gets her outside.