Alright, let’s drop the act. Maybe you rolled your eyes when you opened that web page entitled “Love Lasts Forever: Romantic Quotes about True Love”. Perhaps you laughed along when your guy friends started ripping on the copy of Damn Good Advice that your roommate picked up from Urban last weekend. You may have even done the unthinkable and not memorized Hillary Duff’s entire speech to Chad Michael Murray in the locker room of A Cinderella Story (“Because waiting for you is like waiting for rain in this drought. Useless and disappointing.”). But you can’t fool me. You know it, I know it, and the wonderful people who invented Pinterest know it. The fact is, when it comes right down to it, every girl loves a good quote.
So after hours of scouring pinterest boards, websites, books, magazines, and television (I do it all for you, people), I’ve compiled what can, from this point forward, be known as the ultimate seven famous lines to live by. From Maya Angelou to the man responsible for Narnia, these insightful individuals handed us a few gems that we can all benefit from taking to heart.
1) “An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered” – G. K. Chesterton
2) “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” –C.S. Lewis
3) “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forgot how you made them feel.” –Maya Angelou
4) “It’s a bad day, not a bad life.” – Anonymous
5) “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” – E.E. Cummings
6) “I hope you live a life you’re proud of. And if you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
7) “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde