Explore CambridgeSide for a Day of Fashion & Fun!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Sometimes a girl just needs the princess treatment. Whether it’s manicures with the girls, a day of shopping in the city, or a full-blown makeover, we all deserve a little pampering every now and then. In fact, we all deserve a Princess Mia makeover at least once during our time at BC!

Her Campus BC was given the opportunity to be fashion princesses for the day thanks to CambridgeSide Galleria. The Galleria, located at 100 CambridgeSide Place, is only a 20-minute drive from BC or an hour T-ride on the green line. The mall has some of our favorite stores including Macy’s, Francesca’s, H&M, American Eagle and more. There is also a California Pizza Kitchen, PF Chang’s, and a Cheesecake Factory – it’s a delicious food trifecta!

We started off our day at Starbucks, getting our caffeine fix before a long morning spent shopping. The next two hours were spent picking out our top fashion finds for spring. Here are just some of the things that the HC BC girls picked:

We found so many spring essentials. We couldn’t pick just five!

Once 12pm hit, it was time to let the makeovers begin. Kate, an HCBC reader, had her makeup done at Clinique. Remy, an HCBC writer, made her way to the Bare Escentuals counter, and I was treated to a “mini-makeover” from Lancome. Everyone’s makeup turned out phenomenal and we learned some tips and tricks of the trade for our own future makeup applications.

Thanks Diana for the perfect Lancome mini-makeover!

Next up was Dellaria Salon. We were all treated to blowouts to finish off our makeovers. The salon did a great job and we were excited to find out that they have a location in Newton Centre, too!

We LOVED how our makeovers turned out!

The day ended with an appetizer sampling at PF Changs and Cheesecake Factory desserts to go. We left CambridgeSide in high spirits with plenty of shopping bags and happy tummies.

So next time you are looking to escape the BC bubble, look no further than the CambridgeSide Galleria. For more information, be sure to check the Galleria out on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as well as on their official website.

Happy Shopping!

Article Sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CambridgeSide_Galleria

Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."