Essie’s Fall 2014 Collection

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

With September coming to a close, and the first few days of fall passing us by, we all know that the time has come for pumpkins, apples, boots, and sweaters; and of course, the newest Essie Nail Polish collection!

This season’s Essie collection features six stunning fall-inspired colors—perfectly crafted compliment your Starbucks’ Pumpkin-Spiced Latte, which will obviously be in hand.  The new additions to the Essie family are sure to be your greatest fall accessories.

Dress to kilt

The first among the new Essie colors is a seductive red.  This deep color is described as being “the one, guilty as charged” and will look amazing in your next apple-picking Instagram.

Take it outside

I love the name of this one:  Take it Outside. This chic color really captures what fall is all about—enjoying the beautiful, crisp weather.  So do as the name says, and find a spot in the grass to curl up and paint your nails this taupe color that hides a whisper of pink.

Fall in line

Jade green is the perfect compliment for fall outfits.  This silky and sensuous color will look perfect with your favorite comfy gray cardigan or new black boots. This “serpentine green” will have your friends green with envy over your stylish new look.

The perfect cover up

Since pastels are out of the question come fall, let your fingers rock this intriguing gray and teal combination.  Perfect for a cloudy fall day, the Perfect Cover-up will be mirroring the sky, all while creating art on the tip of your fingers.  

Style Cartel

Yet another dark color to add to your fall collection, this inky cobalt blue will be sure to make a statement.  Pair it with your favorite pair of dark blue jeans for an outfit that will tie together effortlessly.

Partner in crime

Brown wouldn’t normally be the first go-to nail polish color, but this new dark chocolate color is rich with undertones of mahogany.  The hint of deep red that underlies the powerful brown makes this color the perfect match for the rusty autumn leaves that cover the ground.

Check out these new fall colors and more at essie.com and have fun incorporating any fall themed manicures right into your outfit every day!  The next time you want to Instagram your Pumpkin Spiced Latte, you will be thanking Essie for their fab new collection… and yourself for actually finding the time to paint your nails! Happy styling!

Photo Sources:

http://www.nodaysjustweeks.com/2014/08/essie-fall-2014.html

www.essie.com

Shannon is currently in her junior year at BC.  She is majoring in Elementary Education and English, hoping to one day teach in an urban school.  Originally from Hopkinton, MA, one of Shannon's favorite things to do is tell people that her hometown is the start of the Boston Marathon - it's claim to fame!  In her free time, you can find Shannon cuddled up somewhere with her adorable giraffe-spotted mug.
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.