Easy Workouts for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

So I know it’s Spring Break and regardless of where you’re going, I have a feeling working out isn’t the first thing on your mind. Actually it’s probably the farthest thing away from the tanning and relaxing that I have in mind. The down side to not working out over break is that you might feel sore and tired trying to get back to your normal routine once you return to BC. Now I know I don’t have a home gym in my basement, so here’s some equipment-less videos that don’t take so long and can keep you from sliding into the dark abyss of Netflix films.

Ballet Beautiful: We’ve all heard how amazing barre classes are. It’s new, it’s popular, and it’s very effective. Mary Helen Bowers, a professional ballerina, runs Ballet Beautiful and she trains some of the Victoria’s Secret models like Lily Aldridge. She also just gave birth to a baby and she’s already back doing ballet! (I follow her on Instagram)

Ultimate Fat Burn: This woman is seriously into fitness and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t sore the next day. I’m planning on doing this video twice over Spring Break because of its high intensity. It’ll give you a good workout and get your blood pumping.

Another video from Denise Austin. Now this one is cardio kickboxing, which is always super fun and a great workout. You could even practice these moves on your little brother! (Kidding, no violence.)

• It’s a lot of high-energy movements that will really help you stay in shape!

So there you go! These are four videos to keep you in shape over Spring Break. I’m planning on running for thirty minutes every other day and doing a video (or two Ballet Beautiful exercises) on the days in between. Or you can just alternate Ballet Beautiful videos, which is what I did over Thanksgiving. Feel free to throw in some push-ups and crunches if you feel like you’re missing your arms or abs. Best of luck, you’ll be back to the Plex and BC in less time than we care to admit!

Have a healthy and fun Spring Break!

Photo Sources:

http://blogs.ubc.ca/angelalee/2013/10/19/netflix-use-piracy-sites-and-solve-piracy-problems/

http://www.modelinia.com/blog/lily-aldridge-and-erin-heatherton-share-the-details-about-the-new-ballet-beautiful-craze/50585

http://www.goldstonefitness.ie

Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."