This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, that means it’s time to start thinking about planning your Friendsgiving. It can be tough to create a delicious meal when you and all your friends live in dorms. If you want some easy options for this Friendsgiving, keep reading!

1. Mashed Potatoes/ Sweet Potatoes 

Mashed potatoes are easy because all you really need is boiling water, butter, and salt. Once you’ve boiled the potatoes, just mash them up and add the salt and butter… plus any other things you like in your potatoes. If regular mashed potatoes aren’t your thing, why not try sweet potatoes? You can make sweet potato fries, chips, or simply regular sweet potatoes.

2. Oven-baked Veggies

Brussels sprouts, asparagus, carrots, these are all easy enough to cook for your friends. Simply season them however you like, it can even be as simple as salt and pepper, and pop them in the oven. Before you know it, you have a dish that seems much fancier than it is.

3. Apple Pie/ Pumpkin Pie

Making a pie is not as hard as people make it out to be. All you really need to do is make the dough (or buy pre-made crust) and just add a mixture of apples, lemon, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Pumpkin pie is just as easy. So, impress your friends by bringing a homemade pie to dinner. 

4. Fruit Salad

If you’re really in a crunch for time and are looking for something quick, you might as well make a fruit salad. You can put in any kind of fruit you want, and fruit salad is always a people-pleaser. It’s also a perfect dish for any of your friends who have dietary restrictions.

5. Pumpkin/ Butternut Squash Soup

Soup is the perfect kind of dish because it’s light enough to be an appetizer and filling enough to be a main course, so if one of your friends ends up too busy to bring food, you won’t go hungry. It’s also an easy meal to feed multiple people because you can easily increase the quantity. So pull up bowl and grab a ladle. 

The food at Friendsgiving is important, but it really is all about the company. If Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks in your life, Friendsgiving is a time to cherish and spend time with friends near and dear to you. 

Alexandra is a Senior History major with an English minor at Boston College who can always be found procrastinating by reading books or watching Netflix. She is known for making puns so bad that not even her friends laugh at them (but she always does). Her favorite ice cream flavor is Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey. Favorite movies include When Harry Met Sally, Dead Poets Society, and The Princess Bride.