Easiest Ways to Stay in Tune to the News

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

If you’re always on the run like I am, you don’t have time to sit down and open up a newspaper or sit and watch the news. As college students, keeping up with what is going on in the world around us is crucial. However, people like us need the news delivered to us quickly and in a way that we are able to access it wherever we are as to not take too much time out of our lives. Here are some simple tips to keep you up to date on the most current events.

Get an email subscription:

Sign up for a newsletter such as theSkimm or BC Streak and have news sent right to your email first thing in the morning. You’ll have access to it the whole day and will be able to quickly read the biggest stories of the day.

TheSkimm presents current events in a way that is easy to understand and will only take a few minutes to read. BC Streak not only provides you with content from publications on the Heights (including HC BC!) but it also provides you with more formal news that is presented in a way so you easily find exactly what you are interested in.

Download an app:

Get the app to your favorite news source on your phone, tablet or laptop. Most will send a notification when new news comes through. This way you are able to scan for headlines that catch your eye and can ignore others.

Read or watch before going to bed:

For most of us, this is the only time we feel like we finally have a break in our day. While you’re lying in bed getting ready to fall asleep, flip on the TV, pull out a newspaper, or pull up a news site and quickly get the biggest stories of the day that you missed.

These are just three simple tips and tricks to make sure you stay on top of your game when it come to current events! Know of any more? Comment below! 

Photo sources

www.theskimm.com

www.bcstreak.com

http://www.jafza.ae/about-us/latest-news/

http://falcon1.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/tvnews.jpg

Alana is currently a junior at Boston College studying Communications and marketing. She is the Publicity director and events coordinator for Her Campus BC as well as being a part of the editorial team. 
Niloufar is a senior at Boston College, majoring in French and English.