The Dos and Don’ts of CoRo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

CoRo is normally criticized as being either a sophomore’s last pick for housing or the transfers’ oasis. Do not worry freshman anticipating sophomore housing, living on CoRo is not the end of the world, but it will be quite a different experience. Since CoRo is like living in your own little environment on BC Campus (not on Upper, but not on Lower), it has its own unique etiquette rules that should be followed!

DO study in the newly renovated William’s Basement. There is a study lounge, reflection room, and common area with a large flat screen TV and couches. Think of this as a common “living room,” if you will. Hang out here and there will surely be people to watch a football game with you.

That being said…

DON’T talk excessively in the study lounge of William’s Basement. Part of the reason why people use the basement is to have a quiet place away from their room to study. Don’t ruin it for them by having a conversation with your friend about your plans for the upcoming weekend. All you have to do is take your conversation outside!

DO remember that there are freshmen that live on CoRo. While you might assume that everyone who lives on CoRo has had exposure to BC, new transfers and freshmen have not. Make it a comfortable place for them as well!

DON’T ignore someone while passing by him or her on your way to Mac. Not only is it rude, but you totally can’t miss someone heading your direction with your view from the stairs.

DO look both ways when crossing the street to Mac. Although we may be in a rush to class, that shuttle may also be in a rush to get to the next stop. We don’t want an accident like Regina George’s in Mean Girls.

DO take advantage of the fact that the Comm. Ave bus runs to the McElroy and College Road stops past 5pm on weekdays and all day on the weekends!

DON’T take advantage of there being cleaning of the communal bathrooms. Although there is a kind cleaning person that comes to clean the communal restrooms on the floors of CoRo buildings daily, that does not mean that you should leave it a mess. Make sure you clean up your mess at the shower, at the sink and throw trash in (not next) to the trashcan.

For all you current and future CoRo residents, please keep these tips in mind to make your living experience and others’ living experiences enjoyable!

Photo Sources:

www.therockatbc.com

www.wikihow.com

www.stratospherestudio.com

I'm a girl from BC who likes to do things. That's all.
Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum