Cool Off This Summer With These 6 Frozen Covers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Five months since its release, the award-winning instant classic Frozen is still as popular as ever. A story about two sisters and their relationship with one another, this movie has given rise to a few of the most beloved sing-a-long songs, namely “Let It Go.”  How many times have you heard people (or even yourself) randomly break out into song as they bond over their love for Frozen? Over the past few months, covers have been going viral everywhere with artists showcasing their talents, guys goofing off, and celebs doing their own renditions. Here are a few of my personal favorites:

Frozen has been released in 90-something different countries including the UK, Germany, India, and China. The extent of its cultural influences can be seen in many covers such as the translation of “Let It Go” in 25 different languages, as well as this African tribal cover:

There are so many amateur artists sharing their talents on the Internet, making me feel so inadequate. But after watching several covers, I must agree they often do the original justice. One of my favorites is this cover by Caleb Hyles:

Frozen is not a gender or age specific movie; it’s well-loved by everyone. These two Navy baseball players express their love for the movie in their extremely impressive lip-synched version of “Love is an Open Door”:

One of the best parts of the movie is Elsa’s transformation in the North Mountain. As my good friend once said, “Elsa took some creative liberty in that slit.” These Marines’ reaction to both the song and her makeover pretty much sums up all of my feelings towards this number and Elsa’s amazing new look:

We already know professionals are talented, but why not encompass Frozen into their repertoire? These videos allow us to bond with these celebrities over our mutual love for the movie as they bring their own personalities into these hits. Here, Christina Bianco does impressions of well-known singers in her rendition of “Let It Go” and The Sing-Off’s Pentatonix goof off in their medley of Frozen tunes:

Finally, as much as I love Frozen, I can’t concentrate on work well when listening to songs with lyrics because I have to fight the urge to sing along. You can imagine how thrilled I was when I came across this instrumental mash-up of “Let It Go” and Vivaldi’s “Winter”:

Five months later and Frozen is still going strong. As more covers are created, the cherished movie lives on through its music and the culture it has created. Just because the summer months are approaching doesn’t mean you have to put aside Frozen for November. If you love something it’s, as Olaf says, “worth melting for.” Happy Summer, Collegiettes!

Photo Sources:

http://www.mcmbuzz.com/2014/01/11/billion-dollar-baby-will-frozen-take-disney-in-a-new-direction/

http://virulentwordofmouse.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/top-dozen-tech-events-of-2013/

Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."