This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Looking to add some variety to the constant cycle of white claws and vodka sodas? But do you lack the bartending skills to try something completely crazy? Here are some fun (and easy!) drink recipes to try at next weekend’s pregame!

Strawberry Basil Mule

Ingredients:

• 8 Strawberries
  • Half a Lime
  • Basil Sprig
  • 1.5 oz Premium Vodka
  • 3.5 oz Brooklyn Crafted Lemon Lime Ginger Beer

This drink is a tasty twist on the classic Moscow Mule. To make it, begin by muddling the strawberries, lime wedges, and basil in a copper mule mug. Next add ice, vodka, and the ginger beer. You can also garnish the drink with strawberries and limes add a little something and make it look pretty!

Blueberry Beach Vibes

Ingredients:

• Blueberry Vodka (I highly recommend Triple Eight Blueberry Vodka)
  • Ice Cubes
  • Lemonade

Don’t be swayed by the gross sounding nature of blueberry vodka – this drink is delicious! Combine all the ingredients into the cup. You then have options. Either leave the two-toned appearance with the purple blueberry vodka sitting on the bottom that slowly fades into the yellow lemonade or mix it all up to combine the flavors. Both options will leave you wishing it was summer time!

Bellini

Ingredients:

• Peach Puree
  • Proseco

Trying to mix up the typical mimosa? Try a Peach Bellini! Bring it out at your next brunch gathering with friends to try something new!

Long Island Iced Tea

Ingredients:

• 3⁄4 oz Gin
  • 3⁄4 oz White rum
  • 3⁄4 oz Silver tequila
  • 3⁄4 oz Vodka
  • 3⁄4 oz Triple sec
  • 3⁄4 oz Simple syrup
  • 3⁄4 oz Fresh lemon juice
  • Cola, to top

This drink has long been a go-to for many trying to have a good time at the bars. Unfortunately, it can break the bank very quickly. So why not try making it at home! Start by combining all of the ingredients into a glass. Then stir. After this settles, add a splash of cola to the top. Enjoy and prepare for a fun night!

Hopefully, these drink recipes will inspire you to try a new beverage the next time that you plan on going out!

Sources:

Hi, I'm Fallon! I'm a senior at Boston College and this year's BC campus correspondent. I am a communications major and marketing minor and I am originally from St. Paul, Minnesota. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with friends, catching up on Netflix, and exploring Boston!
Rising sophomore at Boston College.