This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Hey girlies!

As Halloween is fast approaching many of us are frantically looking for the best Halloween costume. If you are like me, a broke college student, you either can’t afford to buy an expensive costume that you are only going to wear once. Or, you may or may not have left the costume planning to the night before! So, hat being said, I have decided to create a list of some quick and cheap Halloween costumes perfect for the upcoming Halloween season. 

1. Black Cat

I know I know, not very original. But hey, all you need is a pair of black pants/leggings, a black shirt/bodysuit, black boots or some cute heels, top it off with some ears and maybe a tail. My favorite part is adding some whiskers and a nose with a black eyeliner pencil. So cute! 

2. Favorite Celeb

I love seeing these costumes posted on social media, especially when the person doing the impersonation already resembles the celebrity. I know Kim Kardashian is known for her Cher costumes, but yours doesn’t even have to be that elaborate. I would suggest googling your favorite celebrity or maybe one that everyone says you look like, finding a classic outfit they always wear and raiding your closet or some of your friends’ closets to match the celebrity’s outfit. 

3. Barbie

When I was little I always played with Barbies and she played a role in many little girls’ lives growing up. Barbie is known for her blonde hair, dazzling smile, and the perfect outfit. I have seen some costumes where girls buy a shirt with a barbie logo and pair it with a skirt and some heels, which is perfect. Or, you can make it your own by finding an outfit that brings out your inner Barbie and pairing it with a blonde wig. If you wanted to really nail it, you could even bring along your very own Ken. 

4. Boxer

A boxer is an easy, comfortable Halloween costume. All you need is some athletic spandex, a sports bra, a silk robe, and some sneakers. To create a more dramatic effect, you could tape up your hands, wear fingerless gloves, or even buy some boxing gloves. Adding some fake blood on your face, or even a black eye with two braids in your hair is the perfect boxing costume!

5. Disney Princess

It’s no surprise that, like Barbie, the Disney princesses’ played a large role in my childhood. I don’t remember if I ever had a favorite princess but I remember thinking how pretty they all were and how I would love to grow up to be a princess. Unfortunately, as I am now in college I think my chances of becoming a princess are over. However, that doesn’t mean you still can’t dream. Just choose your favorite Disney princess, find a dress that is the same color as hers, add a tiara, any other accessory that represent them (animal friend) and you are done. 

Alexandra is a Senior History major with an English minor at Boston College who can always be found procrastinating by reading books or watching Netflix. She is known for making puns so bad that not even her friends laugh at them (but she always does). Her favorite ice cream flavor is Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey. Favorite movies include When Harry Met Sally, Dead Poets Society, and The Princess Bride.