Build Your Life To-Do List with Achvr!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

We all have those things—those things we dream of doing, often aspire to accomplish, but never actually put down into words. What, exactly, do we intend to do about such things? Let them be? Tuck them away amidst the hustle and bustle, the chaos of everyday life? Well, for Boston College graduates, Drew and Ryan, this notion is just not possible.  A new and refreshing idea, Achvr is the type of app that helps you put into practice the very things you hope to accomplish. The app allows you to track and catalog your “life” to-do list in a way that is easy to share and read. Most importantly, Achvr helps you make sure that you are checking off each item on your to-do list.

One of the main notions of this innovative app is to ensure that you, the users, are living fulfilled lives, and most importantly, doing the things that you want to do. The premise is that life should be enriching, in every sense, and that we should follow through daily with our short term and even long term life goals. Achvr provides an opportunity for us to create a “life” to-do list, above and beyond the type we normally create in the setting of our “9-5.” This list, the founders explain, is one about life accomplishments that foster growth in life, our relationships, and as well-rounded human beings. Achvr is really all about the beauty of first experiences, and being able to share them with the world. This app was created based on the idea that there is significant meaning in being able to actually catalog and track your life goals in a “tangible” and interactive way. Whether the goals are big or small, this sort of structure and organization makes them a whole lot more likely to be achieved.

“It allows you to track, discover, and share all of the things you want to do, and get credit for what you get done,” says Drew, one of the founders. “We’re really just trying to help people live a more fulfilled life.”

This past weekend, the team at Achvr hosted a big event in Boston entitled “72 in 72.” Folks were hustling around the city over the course of the weekend, focused on accomplishing some, if not all, of the 72 various events that were planned over the course of three days. “It’s just a great way to share in each other’s opportunities, get to know the city, and link up with others who share similar goals,” says Drew. “Ryan was a gamer, and he came up with the idea of ‘gamifying’ life, sort of making it a competition, so people really focus on getting their individual and collective goals accomplished.” It truly is a healthy and refreshing idea.

The app, new and taking on much attention, is truly a fantastic premise that caters to the young and open-minded. Do you find that you procrastinate things, above and beyond just work? So often, we find ourselves intrigued by the many things offered in the cities and towns around us, but how often do we actually follow through with checking these things out? The truth is, not often enough. Let’s face it, we’ve all done the “Yeah, sure! I’m totally down to check out that new bar next week!”… but we never actually do it. Weeks go by, and we get caught up with work, more important things, or perhaps the ever-alluring temptation of our sweatpants, and we put off our adventures. Achvr is here to put an end to this mentality, for all age groups, and for all types of goals – big or small.  Too often, especially at the collegiate level, we manufacture grandiose plans for how we will spend our days, and especially our weekends.

What we want often gets lost in the shuffle and pushed farther and farther down on the priority list, and now, people in Boston, and all over the country will have Achvr as a way of putting these things back on top. Trying new things, getting to explore, and meeting new people are all essential in living a healthy, happy, and fulfilled life, and it’s important to never take for granted doing the things we truly want to do.

So, what are you waiting for? Download the app today and get going on your personal to-do list, and your individual life goals. Share with friends, talk about your experiences, get up and out, and, most importantly start your way towards living a happy and even more fulfilled life.

Morgan is a Senior Communications major concentrating in Broadcast Journalism, reporting, and acting. Her passions include writing, film, photography, and being outdoors, and she is eager to pursue a career in the world of television and print journalism. Most recently, she has begun a personal fashion and lifestyle blog which she is having a lot of fun working on this semester. A hopeless romantic, Morgan loves a good romantic comedy or love story. She absolutely loves to travel, enjoys the city, but will always be a nature girl at heart. Her favorite food is Pad Thai.
Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."