Boutikey Opens the Door to Great Boutiques, Shopping Deals and Events in Boston!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

After four years at BC, I feel like I have resorted to the same shopping spots when in need for something new for my wardrobe. Often I feel that there are no new boutiques to try out nearby, but then I fall in love with my friend’s earrings or my roommate’s shirt.  I’m always surprised when I find out that they are actually from a local boutique! How did I not know about these stores? How can I find out where all the great boutiques and deals around BC are happening? Simple solution: Boutikey!

Boutikey is an app available for download on the iPhone (soon to be available for Android) that lets you know of boutiques in and around Boston, their deals and events, as well as exclusive access to their digital rewards program! The best way to think about it is to imagine Instagram, for fashion, with rewards and deals! There are 60 total boutiques using Boutikey, including plenty around BC! Some reward programs provided near us include:

• Sail Loft in Chestnut Hill: Spend $250 on any full price items, get $100 off.
  • Mint Julep in Coolidge Corner: Receive 20% off one item for every $200 spent.
  • Bobbles and Lace on Newbury Street: Receive a free pair of selected earrings for every $100 spent.

Want in on these great reward programs and many more at other boutiques? Download Boutikey and fill out this form with your email address for a chance to win a $50 gift card and a free Boutikey swag kit filled with a tote bag, Boutikey shirt, Boutikey sunglasses, and a free bracelet!

The Her Campus BC team has fallen in love with several features of the Boutikey app. We love how they team up with featured boutiques and local businesses to host events and promotions for the fashion community! Here are the features we love:

• We can see what’s trending. Going on the app allows us to follow their live feed made up of stores that we choose to follow. The more boutiques you follow the better because it gives you access to all their updates!
  • Access to exclusive offers. The app allows us to be the first shoppers to see real time sales and events in their offers section. Never again will you be the one who misses out on a great sale!
  • Ability to know what stores are nearby. No matter where you are, you can open the Boutikey app and find boutiques in the area. Even if we are traveling outside of the BC bubble and hankering for a shopping spree, we will not be at a loss of where to go.
  • We can get rewarded. Yes, you are reading this correctly. You can earn reward points for every dollar you spend in your favorite boutiques. Redeeming your points is super easy and quick!

Want to learn more about the app? Head to Sail Loft in the Chestnut Hill Square on April 23rd from 5:30 to 8:00 pm where Boutikey will be hosting a launch party featuring free mini blow outs from Dry Bar, 20% off any new item and an extra 5% off any sale item, free giveaways with every purchase, as well as food and drinks! You can also follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum