Books to Read Over Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

With spring break fast approaching many students will find themselves with a chance to take a step back and relax.  This is an opportunity to put your computer away and log off of Netflix allowing for the opportunity to get lost in a book. Whether you will be reading poolside or curled up next to a fire at home, these picks are sure to be a great break from your crazy academic life.

• The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
  • A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers
  • Wild by Cheryl Strayed
  • He’s Just Not That Into You by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccill
  • The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • The Sun Also Rises by Earnest Hemmingway
  • The Art of Happiness by The Dalai Lama
  • I’ll Drink to That by Betty Halbreich
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan
  • Yes Please by Amy Poehler

Whether you favor fiction or memoirs, classics or new adventures there is certainly something on this list for you.  Have an additional recommendation? Comment below!

Photo Sources:

http://us.macmillan.com/themarriageplot/jeffreyeugenides

http://www.amazon.com/Ill-Drink-That-Style-Twist-ebook/dp/B00INIXS5K

Boston College student hailing from the Midwest. Senior Sociology major and International Studies minor. Fun-loving youngest in a set of triplets. Jewelry obsessed Chipotle enthusiast. Die hard Blackhawks fan who hopes to some day be as cool as Rachel Zoe (and have her closet).  
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.