Best TV Shows to Binge Watch This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Now that we’re back in the swing of things at school, everyone needs a go-to Netflix show to watch on their study breaks, nights in, and Sunday afternoons. Here is a list of shows that you will get completely addicted to – but in the best way possible.

1.     Friday Night Lights: Although this show will truly give you high school nostalgia, it is the ultimate combination of sports, love, tragedy, and family values. There is not a person out there who wouldn’t enjoy watching this show. And for the girls, if you don’t know who Tim Riggins is, you better learn. FNL is an easygoing, and very enjoyable show to watch in your free time.

2.     Orange is the New Black: If you haven’t yet, you better hop on the OITNB train. One of the hottest shows on TV right now, Orange is the New Black has amazing actresses, shocking plot lines, and is based on a true story. Getting an inside view of a woman’s prison is pretty crazy, but you cannot stay away from these cast members. Every fan is already counting down the days until season three.

3.     Gossip Girl: If you haven’t watched Gossip Girl yet, shame on you. The ultimate show to watch over and over again, Gossip Girl has the ultimate style and scandal to keep any girl addicted.

4.     Entourage: What I like to call the guy version of Gossip Girl, Entourage brings you basically behind the scenes into the Hollywood world of a famous actor and his posse. You will fall in love with every character in a different way, and laugh along their whole journey. Entourage is hilarious and fun and will keep you hooked during your study breaks.

5.     House of Cards: Even for those who don’t love politics like myself, House of Cards is a scandalous and manipulative show. With twists and turns every few episodes, you see U.S. politics in a new way – and not a good one. After this show I wonder what really goes on behind the scenes in Washington, and I was hooked from the first episode.

6.     Sex and the City: Although we have all seen scattered episodes here and there of Sex and the City, watching the show from beginning to end is eye opening. From Carrie Bradshaw’s realistic advice to the ups and downs of the dating scene in NYC at the time, you can really relate to some of the things these four women go through. If you don’t have a lot of free time, start SATC and pick up and episode every time you have thirty minutes. Before you know it you will find yourself tearing up at the fact that it ended.

With these shows and many more as options, TV is a great distressing tool as classes start to pick up again – even on your phone while you’re at the gym. Following a show beginning to end can definitely make you feel at home, and also give you something to do on those harsh Sunday mornings.

Photo sources:

‪www.businessinsider.com

‪myinnerchick.com

‪mashable.com

‪schmoesknow.com

‪marylandreporter.com

‪thelafemmesociety.com

Freshman at Boston College!
I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.