Best Sunglasses of the Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

With sunshine just around the corner (almost), it’s time to start bringing out your sunglasses- or better yet, buying a new pair. With so many options in shape, it’s important to see what’s out there and where to find the best fit for you. Here’s where to find the best of each shape and what face shape they are best for.

Aviators: This classic style is a go-to for summer sunglasses. For a casual look on the beach, or with a nice cute outfit while out shopping, you can’t go wrong with aviators. Aviators are best for round faces. RayBan has a great selection of colors and shades of aviators, but those can be pricey. Other places to find these glasses are Urban Outfitters, PacSun, and Target.

Hearts: This new trendy shape adds so much fun to your outfit and is so easy to wear. Heart shape glasses look good on every face shape! These come in colors and in the normal tans and tortoiseshell styles, which keep the heart shape more subtle. You can find the best of these at Urban Outfitters, Target, and the BP section of Nordstrom.

Wayfarers: Another classic style that comes in many shades and colors with lots of variation. Wayfarers are best on people with square faces. These sunglasses have been mastered by RayBan, but because of their popularity they can be found at many cheaper stores. Two great places to find wayfarers are Forever 21 and Nordstrom BP.

Rounded Wayfarers: These are a slight twist on the classic wayfarers mentioned above. These are more rounded than rectangular, and this style is very popular this season. These compliment people who don’t have the square face for wayfarers, but like the style. Urban Outfitters has a good selection of this shape. 

Cat-Eye: Another variation on the two styles above is the more dramatic cat-eye. These sunglasses definitely have some personality and are fun to wear. They compliment round and oval-shaped faces and can be found at Urban Outfitters and Forever 21.

With these tips about where to find the right sunglasses for you, pick out some stylish ones before the sunny, warm weather arrives. Sunglasses compliment every outfit in the summer!

Photo Sources:

Rayban.com

Forever21.com

Urbanoutfitters.com

Freshman at Boston College!
Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum