The Best Drinks in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

These days, it’s hard to get a group together to go for drinks.  I’m not talking drinks in the sense of $1 Nattys at Cityside; I’m talking unique, multi-ingredient drinks that you can solely get at that one secret restaurant that only you and your friends know about.  Once in a while you need to go out on the town, Collegiettes!  Sometimes it’s best to de-stress with some close friends and a yummy pick-me-up that is only a T-ride away.  And, above all, don’t accept anything less than an actual glass! (No plastic allowed on this list).

Anything at Lolita Cocina & Tequila Bar (but especially the Diablo)

271 Dartmouth St  Boston, MA 02116
(617) 369-5609

I am literally obsessed with this restaurant.  No but really.  The cocktails are all amazing (and I’ve tried a lot of them), but the Diablo is definitely at the top.  It’s both spicy and sweet, and blows your mind with its subtle use of chili powder.  And tequila bar is right—they have over 180 kinds (blackout anyone?).

Ingredients: Lunazul Rep Tequila, Combier (Triple Sec), Serrano chiles, blood oranges, pineapple, and strawberry.

Margarita, Fajitas and Ritas

25 West St  Boston, MA 02111
(617) 426-1222

I really like flavored margaritas, like mango or strawberry, but the original one here is absolutely unreal.  You can barely taste the alcohol (which I guess is both a good and bad thing), and they have a million different kinds of tequila (also both good and bad).

Anything at Drink

348 Congress St  Boston, MA 02210
(617) 695-1806

The concept alone for this bar is unequalled. Just show up, tell the bartender what you like, don’t like, and even what kind of mood you’re in, and they’ll make a custom cocktail just for you. They even have a little garden in the middle counter of the bar just for adding fresh herbs like mint to drinks.

Shanghai Doll, Empire Boston

1 Marina Park Drive, Boston, MA 02210

(617) 295-0001

This place is a supercool lounge that functions as a restaurant, bar, and private event space.  Their drinks (and sushi) are unreal, and they do a great job of sticking to the Asian theme.

Ingredients: Bacardi Dragonberry, Thai Basil, Lime-Agave

Sangria, Bar Lola

160 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02116
(617) 266-1122

My roommates and I love heading to Bar Lola when we’re all in need of some girl bonding time.  The atmosphere is purely Spanish and beautifully decorated, and so are the people.  I haven’t gotten to try the tapas there yet but I hear they’re amazing.

Anything at the Beehive

541 Tremont St  Boston, MA 02116
(617) 423-0069

I went to the Beehive for the first time two summers ago, and I absolutely loveeed it.  I had breakfast there, including the most amazing beignets, but since then I’ve gone back for drinks a few times.  They have a list of “bubbly” cocktails that are all fantastic, but I would try anything you can there.

Sources:

http://blog.bozzuto.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/543.jpg

http://www.travelandleisure.com/images/amexpub/0022/4467/201104-w-cocktails-drink.jpg?1303232268

http://www.boston.com/thingstodo/nightlife/blogs/bostonite/drinks.JPG

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.