BC’s New Favorite App: Campus Pursuit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Yik Yak is so last year.

Introducing our new app addiction: Campus Pursuit!

Campus Pursuit launched at Boston College this past fall, and it has taken campus by storm. If you haven’t heard of it yet, your phone has probably been dead for the past month. Essentially, Campus Pursuit is a scavenger hunt for free stuff on our campus, happening EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Well, only weekdays, but let’s be honest: I would love to find a prize hidden at a Walsh party. In order to “join the hunt”, you have to download the app, register either with your email or facebook (warning: facebook is glitchy!), and then follow the clues every day to find the prizes! It’s so simple, even a BU student could figure this out.

If you’re already sold, please use my personal referral link!: https://mqvh.app.link/anGDs9J6ew

If you aren’t sold yet, keep on reading!

We’re all in it for one thing: the aforementioned “free stuff.” And after the traumatic amount of space left on our phones after the iOS update, you’re asking: Is the “free stuff” worth the download? Absolutely. We’ve been hiding everything from Sparkling ICE 8-packs (great mixers, so I’ve heard), to Swaggo cologne wipes (for a speedy save when your professor puts you and your campus crush in the same group activity but you smell like a sweet mix of Late Night chicken tenders, chipotle mayo, and Red Bull), to the coveted PopCorners Swag Packs (the ultimate steal: two family-sized bags of PopCorners, a three-quarter sleeve T-shirt, and not-one-but-TWO purple koozies, you know, for the times you decide to drink two Sprites at once.) Other prizes include: Neuro SONIC drinks, Pretzel No-No’s, That’s It snack bars, and raffles to win free autographed NFL gear and free LG LED TVs.

Campus Pursuit has spread across 50+ college campuses, and after only two weeks, Boston College had the most downloads so far this fall. What can we say? College kids love free stuff. Especially after paying a rough estimate of $70,000 a year, it’s nice to be handed free things every now and again. Now, I know there are CSOM students out there already calculating the business incentives and opportunity costs of this app, so I’ll cut it simply for you: Campus Pursuit acts as a marketing agent between brands and college students, simultaneously promoting products and creating stronger bonds within college communities. If you factor in the amount of impressions made per product, per day (not even considering the unpredictable number of word-of-mouth impressions), Campus Pursuit knows exactly what they’re doing in the realm of college advertising.

We’ve been hiding prizes with Campus Pursuit for almost a month, now, and I have very high hopes for the success of this app- and I’m not just saying that as the Brand Ambassador. Theoretically, if you play the game right, you could win up to FIVE free prizes a day! You’ll be thanking us later when the free snacks save your meal plan from plummeting. So download Campus Pursuit and keep your eyes peeled! Prizes are definitely coming your way.

P.S. Campus Pursuit is looking for more students to join our Boston College Brand Ambassador Team! To take advantage of this awesome opportunity, visit http://campuspursuit.com/apply/ and tell them Megan referred you!

Boston College junior, marketing student, ABBA enthusiast
Molly is a senior at Boston College studying Communication and Political Science. She is currently a Campus Corespondent for Her Campus BC and is looking forward to writing articles! She loves to travel, hangout with her friends, and go on adventures. Her mantra is "If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be" - Maya Angelou.