Andy Grammer Rocks Robsham!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Not many people know much about Andy Grammer, besides his catchy hit singles “Fine by Me” and “Keep Your Head Up”, but the Boston College students who got the opportunity to see him perform live (thanks to BC’s CAB (College Activities Board)) were not disappointed. The singer-songwriter quickly cheered up the rainy, drear October 4th evening as he rocked Robsham to some old classics and fun new covers!

The night started with a killer opener by members of the BC band Juice that performed covers ranging from Sam Smith to Frank Ocean to pump up the crowd. Soon after, the suave Grammer, sporting jeans, a leather jacket, and an acoustic guitar, sauntered on to the stage. With ease, Grammer charmed the crowd with his sense of humor and openness about the inspiration behind his music. Unsurprisingly, the audience was on their feet within 30 seconds of his first song, “Fine By Me”. With a smirk, Andy looked out into the crowd and said, “Great! Let’s f**king do this!”

The energy that characterized the rest of the night can only be described as magnetic. It was clear that Grammer fed off of the crowd’s energy as much as we fed off of his. Sasha Hatfield, a freshman collegiette noted, “The venue was really small compared to most concerts I’ve been to, so the setting and performance were much more intimate. It was awesome because [Grammer] was able to interact with the audience a lot, making his personality really come through. He’s so funny and down to earth and incredibly talented.” …I couldn’t agree more!

The intimacy of Robsham was perfect for the set up that Grammer had prepared and it made the experience even more engaging. Grammer performed a number of songs from his most recent album “Magazines or Novels” including “Honey, I’m Good.” and “Forever” which both touch on aspects of his experience as a married man over the past two years. He also performed covers of Macklemore’s “Thrift Shop” and Snow Patrol’s “Chasing Cars” when the audience chanted his name, demanding an encore.

Andy Grammer, with his killer beatbox skills, upbeat melodies, and overall awesomeness, is probably one of the most-underrated singers I’ve encountered recently. His stage presence just showed how truly passionate he is about his music. If you missed out on the concert, make sure you to check back with Her Campus BC and BC CAB for all of the latest info on upcoming events on campus!

Photo Sources:

http://radio.com/2014/07/31/andy-grammer-champions-honesty-on-new-album-magazines-or-novels/

http://andygrammer.com/music 

http://theaudioperv.com/2012/08/22/andy-grammer-miss-me-and-keeping-your…

I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.