Adidas Unveils Its 2014 Boston Marathon Collection

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

This Monday, the same day that our second semester back at BC started, Adidas unveiled it’s collection for the 2014 Boston Marathon. What better way to start our second semester than by checking out the collection for arguably the best day of BC student’s second semester, Marathon Monday? Runners have been training for months already and now have further motivation to push themselves through their practice runs: knowing that they will be getting “the coveted jacket”. This spring, expect to see a slightly different look than the iconic yellow on race officials and volunteers. The collection shows the color scheme of an orange “Solar Zest” color alongside the traditional Boston Athletic Association blue accents. 

I feel that this year’s Boston Marathon is going to be one full of remembrance, perserverance, community and devotion after the horrible events that took place last year. We know that we are “Boston Strong” and we can show our support and marathon spirit with this new collection. In fact, in honor of last year’s Marathon tragedy, Adidas will donate a percentage of the collection’s sales to The One Fund. 

Now that I have you hyped up about this collection, you are probably wondering, “Where can I get the collection?” Well the coveted jacket, which goes for $110, as well as everything from singlets to shirts to shorts can be purchased NOW at adidas.com or you can buy the products at select retailers starting on April 18th leading up to Patriot’s Day on April 21st. I must say one of my favorite pieces is the Supernova Ladie’s Tee, which is a longsleeve tee made of breathable material with my favorite thumbholes. Although I am not a runner, I am a huge fan of the collection. 

Photo Sources: 

http://www.adidas.com/us/boston-marathon/_/N-1z13ulu

http://www.baa.org/races/boston-marathon.aspx

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum