7 Reasons Why YOU Should Join HCBC!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Hello! My name is Vanessa Sewell and I am the Campus Correspondent/ President of Her Campus at Boston College. I have been apart of the HC BC team since my freshman year and I have gotten to know so many wonderful smart, intelligent, and beautiful women during my time at BC. While you may be an avid reader or a freshman that has stumbled upon our site, we want to welcome you and maybe even hope you join our ever-growing chapter. We are currently looking for writers and social media mavens (Instagram anyone?)

I am going to give you seven reasons why you should join Her Campus at Boston College!

1. Her Campus is one of the top websites for college women

Her Campus can be found at over 300+ universities worldwide. With such a large, expansive network, many Her Campus alums can be found working at some of the top media organizations in the world including Buzzfeed, Seventeen, Bustle, Refinery29, Marie Claire, TIME, and more.

2. Freedom to Write about What Matters to You

While you may be interested in writing for a college newspaper or website, Her Campus is written by college women, for college women. The freedom to write about issues on campus, women’s right issues or more importantly helping other college students navigate their time gives you the voice you wish you always had.

3. Ability to have your own Her Campus Profile

When you write for Her Campus, all your articles can be found on your very own profile, basically a writing portfolio for future employers. Also, if you Google yourselves you will most likely see your article and your name which is awesome publicity.

4. Sisterhood and Bonding

At Her Campus BC, we meet once a week on Sundays and we try to have a bonding event at least once a month, so that gives you the perfect opportunity to meet girls from different classes and have fun things to do on the weekends! Who doesn’t love a good Paint Night?

5. Variety of Opportunities – Marketing

Our chapter has partnered with different brands including TJMaxx, Primark, and more. We love getting these opportunities and love to share them with you! If you want to get marketing experience, we have hands on experience with marketing different products for different brands.

6. Free Swag

Who doesn’t love free swag? Our members each semester has gotten so many free products courtesy of Her Campus and we can’t get over how cute they are. The HCXO shop is one of our favorite shops and the wine glasses are one of our personal favorites!

7. NO Applications

BC is a very competitive school, even with clubs. We feel as if anyone who wants to join should be able to join which is why we open our club to the entire BC community. Interested in joining? Email bc@hercampus.com to find out more!

If these are not enough reasons to join, maybe you should come to one of our meetings and find out yourself!

Sources:

http://www.cliftonroadrunners.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/join-us.png

Vanessa is a senior at Boston College studying Economics and Communications. She is proud to be the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Boston College!