6 Fashion Blogs Every College Fashionista Should Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Sometimes, after learning about the neurobiology of memory or reading the works of Shakespeare, I just need a break from anything academic related! That’s why when I get back from a day of classes, I like to indulge in reading fashion blogs. I discovered fashion blogs a few years back, so I was shocked to find that some of my friends didn’t even know they existed! Fashion blogs are great because a) they are amazing sources of style inspiration and b) the bloggers let their unique personalities shine through their writing! Now that I have my favorite blogs, I rarely ever run into the problem of not knowing what to wear. I even have a folder on my laptop labeled “Outfits” that holds screenshots of my favorite looks!

Here are my top six blogs:

1.     See Jane.

The blogger behind the site is Anna Jane, a 28-year-old Higher Education Associate who lives in the city of Chicago! Her fashion embodies a classic feel that I can’t pass up. Her looks are work appropriate, but still great for more casual occasions. There’s nothing better than finding an outfit that is versatile; that is, it can be worn to a variety of different occasions.

2.     Glitter and Gingham.

Shelby is the brains behind this blog! You can tell right away that she is a J. Crew girl, but that doesn’t stop her from buying more affordable pieces from stores like Forever 21 and Old Navy. Not only does she have the best outfit posts, but she also gives great style advice via email. Don’t be afraid to contact her!

3.     Gal Meets Glam.

Julia Hengel, the blogger, lives in San Francisco and started this blog as a source of inspiration! Although most of her clothes are out of my price range, she has been incorporating more affordable brands into her wardrobe. The chilly weather in San Francisco encourages Julia to dress appropriately for colder weather, which we can take advantage of as residents of Chestnut Hill! Although I might not be able to imitate her look down to the brand names, I love looking at her blog for inspiration!

[pagebreak]

4.     Sailing the Sea of Style.

Sloane, the blogger, spontaneously decided to start her blog in August and has been posting outfit pictures since! Although she’s young, she has an incredibly mature taste when it comes to fashion. If you scroll through her blog, you’ll see that she has the perfect and most appropriate outfit ready for any occasion, whether it be for a formal event or a relaxing day! Her closet is filled with Stuart Weitzman boots, Chanel flats, and Club Monaco pants. Simply put: I envy her!

5.     Good Life.

Jill is the mom of two children, ages 8 and 5 (Can you believe it? I still can’t!) and has been blogging for more than four years. After quitting her job to work from home, she didn’t know what to wear other than business clothes. She began this blog so that she could inspire women to look and feel their best! Her looks are very polished, yet still casual,  and they inspire a lot of the outfits I wear to class!

6.     Here and Now.

Jessica lives in Tennessee and she is pursuing her Ph.D in biomedical research! Outside of her academic work, she has a passion for fashion, which shows through with her seemless talent for putting outfits together. Her style is a mix of preppy and bohemian chic!

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum