5 Ways to Make it Through this Valentine’s Day Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

It’s very easy to get caught up with all of society’s reminders that you are “alone” on Valentine’s Day. But the truth is, you aren’t!

1. Surround yourself with good people

This is why it is important to use Valentine’s Day to surround yourself with those you love, even if it’s not one, special, significant other. Every heard of Galentine’s Day? Find all your fellow single ladies and celebrate that you have each other. Because, hey, we’re all independent women, and we don’t need a man!

2. CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE

There is no better cure for an empty or broken heart than chocolate. Yes, chocolate of all varieties (even though dark chocolate is definitely the best) will fix any girl’s single blues. So whether you’re eating it alone or with a group, make sure you have chocolate.

3. Watch a good movie

There are few distractions as effective as a good chick flick. Whether it’s 10 Things I Hate About You, Bride Wars, or Mean Girls, watch something that will make you laugh, not make you cry! The Notebook is great, but not for the single lady on Valentine’s Day. Stick to the happy stuff, please!

4. Sweat it out

Sometimes all you need is a good work-out to boost confidence. A great natural de stressor, try a new workout class with some friends! Not into SoulCycle? One perk of the new fitness movement is an exciting variety of class options. Kick-boxing, yoga, barre? Try something new and figure out what you like. There is nothing better than a good sweat to remind you of how amazing it is to be single!

5. Most importantly: Don’t forget to treat yourself

From the words of the one and only Tom Haverford: Treat Yo Self! Valentine’s Day revolves around love, so even if you don’t have a significant other to share it with, use this Valentine’s Day as an opportunity to love yourself! Order in some cheesecake, paint your nails, do what YOU want to do. Focus on yourself for once, and I promise Valentine’s Day will be an awesome celebration.

Have a good Valentines Day everyone!!

Sources:

Izzy is a Freshman at Boston College studying Political Science and History. She is a self-professed foodie and life-long Cleveland sports fan. She is a writer for Her Campus BC.
Molly is a senior at Boston College studying Communication and Political Science. She is currently a Campus Corespondent for Her Campus BC and is looking forward to writing articles! She loves to travel, hangout with her friends, and go on adventures. Her mantra is "If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be" - Maya Angelou.