5 Makeup Trends for Spring 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Even though in the midst of the polar vortex it seemed as if spring would never come, it will eventually be here and of course every collegiette will want to be in the know on this spring’s trends. Well, look no further! Here are five makeup trends for spring 2014 and my opinion on each.

The Trend: Bright Orange Lipstick

Although this look may be intimidating, anyone can pull it off. Make sure to tone down the rest of your makeup to keep from looking like a clown.

Model’s Verdict:  The orange lip is a subtle twist on the going out look. I’d definitely wear it out

The Trend: Blue Eye Shadow

This homage to the 1980s, the blue eye shadow, has made a comeback. Make sure you don’t go overboard, there is a way to make this look classy. Going with this trend are pastel eye shadows, including green and pink.

Model’s Verdict: I’m set in my ways and will probably stick to my neutral colored eye shadows

The Trend: Cat Eye

Being that this trend never really went away, most of you have probably tried this already. It’s a great way to add drama to any outfit and is not as hard as some may lead you to believe. Simply YouTube it and I’m sure you’ll find hundreds of tutorials on how to do it.

The Trend: Glittery Lids

Who says glitter is only for Halloween and New Year’s? Embrace the sparkle and try a daring look this spring.

Model’s Verdict: The cat eye is my staple. Glitter adds a special touch to anyone’s normal makeup routine.

The Trend: All-Natural

The good news is if you don’t have enough time to put on some makeup before class, you’ll still look trendy. Embrace your natural beauty and be confident in your skin!

Model’s Verdict: Get a good facial cleanser and go for it.

Photo Source:

http://theprofessionaldiva.blogspot.com/2012/10/fall-makeup-inventory.html

Katherine ValentinoSenior in A&S English Major Minor in American Studies, concentration in journalism 
Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."