40 Days of Fame: What Celebs Should Give Up For Lent

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

It is that time of year again when Christians hem and haw over what would be the “ultimate sacrifice” for Lent.  For the 40 days leading up to Easter, Christians engage in this form of fasting to reflect the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made when he died for us.  Of course, we are not all Jesus, and by no stretch of the imagination can I say we are all saints, but I think it is best when we give up something quite substantial during this time.  We hope that this sacrifice will lead us to be more holy and humble people.

Sure, I will admit I probably need to add a bit of holiness and humility into my life, but I think there are others, *cough, cough* celebs, that may want to reconsider how they have been acting and give up a few of their habits to be more in touch with their good side.

Therefore, I have created the “Lent Contracts of the Celebrities” to which I hope they devote themselves to.  They all shall read, “For Lent, I will give up…”  Here are just a few of the clients I hope to recruit:

Lindsay Lohan: “For Lent, I will give up missing my court dates, sinking into to debt and making my lips more and more pouty.”

Taylor Swift: “For Lent, I will give up serially dating boys as inspiration for my next album.”

Honey Boo-Boo: “For Lent, I will give up ‘sketti and butter.'”

Donald Trump: “For Lent, I will give up speaking politically out of place and acting like my hair looks good.”

Kanye West: “For Lent, I will give up interrupting others.”

Chris Brown: “For Lent, I will keep my hands to myself.”

Kris Kardashian: “For Lent, I will give up trying to look like my daughters.”

Justin Bieber: “For Lent, I will give up giving the peace sign in pictures and relying on my baby face.”

Amanda Bynes: “For Lent, I will give up drinking, driving, and combining the two.”

The Real Housewives: “For Lent, we will give up plastic surgery and gossiping like high school girls.”

Miley Cyrus: “For Lent, I will give up wearing clothes that look like they got run over by a lawnmower.”

Lebron James: “For Lent, I will give up boosting my ego to the point of self-destruction.”

Scott Disick: “For Lent, I will give up calling myself Lord Disick and spending my nights out partying and drinking instead of fathering my children.”

Lent may only be 40 days, but I am sure you can all agree that maybe these celebrities should give up some of these habits for good!

Photo Sources:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/10311/chris-brown-and-drake-fight-over-rihanna-chris-brown-says-he-is-sorry-for-brawl

http://hollywooddame.com/2009/08/28/lindsay-lohan-mess-of-the-day/

www.eonline.com

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.